Love Conquers All

Alyssa:

I came back, only to find the love of my life doesn't love me anymore. I guess I deserve that. I didn't know what else to do though, I couldn't cry in front of everyone, so I ran. I ran to the first place I could think of, the last place I felt happy. The meadow. I remember standing there, looking at the tears on everyones faces, Tyler's face. I shouldn't have left. I sat on the grass, by the beautiful water that shimmered in the moonlight. The trees made noises, because someone was there. I stood up immediately. "Who's there?" I shouted. I saw Jamilla come out of the trees. I should have known it was her. She's the only one who knows me, some times better than I know my own self. I said nothing, I just ran to her and gave her a hug. She didn't let go, because she knew I needed it. "Look at you." She said, smiling down at me. "You're such a mess, Tyler loves you, not Rachel. He's just confused." I couldn't believe her, as much as I wanted to, I knew Tyler no longer had feelings for me. But Rosalie, she does. She looked at me, with light in her eyes. I'll know my daughter, I haven't been there for ten years, I had to make it up to her somehow. "Should we get going? It's supposed to rain." Jamilla asked. I looked up at the sky, it may have been dark, but I saw the clouds. I agreed to go back, and Jamilla let everyone know where I was.

"Tyler went out to look for you, he wasn't part of our group, but he went to find you." Jamilla said, breaking the silence that filled the quiet car. "He didn't find me." I said, not looking at Jamilla. "You did. Of all people, it was you. Tell me why it was you." I demanded. Jamilla kept driving and at first I thought she wouldn't answer, but she did. "Because you're my little sister." She sighed, then looked at me. "You may not remember, but the day you were born, I vowed my entire life to keeping you safe. What you did, was cruel. Not only to me, but to mom, dad, Kol, Bonnie, Enzo, Tyler, and your daughter. Carol didn't need to come back. Tyler was completely happy. You knew he was, you had a reason for wanting to leave. It wasn't Katherine, so tell me, who or what, it is." Jamilla was now gripping her hands tightly onto the steering wheel. She was upset with me. "Look, I can't tell you what it is, but I'll apologize, I promise." I replied.

Jamilla pulled into the driveway of mom and dads house, several cars were parked all around. I got out, not speaking to Jamilla. I recognized the cars, some of them belonged to people I hadn't seen for a decent amount of time. I gulped, and fixed my posture, then slowly opened up the front door. All eyes were on me. Inside the tiny hall was a crowd of people, all of whom were out looking for me, I presume. Rebekah and Matt, Damon, Bonnie and Enzo, Mom and Dad, Kol, Elijah, Klaus, Caroline, Jeremy, Rosalie, and Tyler. I instantly felt a hole in my stomach. All these people cared? Klaus and Caroline definitely could have had other things to do, but no, they went out to look for me, even after the Caroline incident. I couldn't help but feel ashamed. This was all my fault. My head was down, I couldn't make eye contact, because I knew I was going to cry. "I'm sorry." I said, as the tears streamed out of my eyes. "I was wrong, and cruel. None of you deserved this, and I'm sorry." I still wasn't looking up, but they all forgave me, I sensed it. Rosalie was the first one to come to me. She gave me a hug, something I had never felt from my own daughter before. Within that moment, her witch powers streamed back into me, and I was fully witched again.

Tyler was now by my side, he lifted up my head, and wiped the tears from my eyes. "You have no idea how sorry I am." I said to him, trying to be brave. "I know, and you shouldn't be sorry. You just wanted to make me happy, I love you for that. Rosalie loves you for that, we all love you for that." He replied, brushing the hairs out of my face. He grabbed my waist, and dipped me down, toward the ground, and gave me the most passionate kiss I had ever gotten before, and when he was done, he hugged me. Everyone filed in for a big hug, and we just stood there in the moment. I had the love of my life, I had people who cared about me, and most importantly, I had my daughter, who would indeed, be the most powerful creation I have ever made.