Chapter 12: Den

Groaning from the un-comfort that my body was feeling I shifted around a bit as my arm fell asleep, managing to irritate my wound more. Mathis was instantly hovering over me as he looked me over in worry, "Are you ok Jackson?" he asked as his eyes flicked from place to place on my body, "You aren't feeling any worse are you? Because if you are I can get Clara in here, it doesn't matter to her that it is still late, she would be more then willing to help you."

I shook my head no as I flexed my hand to get the blood flowing again, "I'm fine," I assured him, "My arm just fell asleep," I grumbled as my head lolled to the side in fatigue.

Mathis stiffened for a second before he slowly leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on my neck, making me turn my head more to allow him more access. He took that as an ok and continued to press kisses on my neck and right over the scent glands on the base of my neck. His fingers gently grabbed my chin as he turned my face and planted a kiss on my lips that I was quick to eagerly engage in. The kiss was firm and reassuring but also soft, and it left me panting as he pulled away. To my surprise he didn't stop there as he started to kiss my neck again and slowly make his way downwards. I didn't know what his goal was until he pressed a kiss on my left nipple, making me gasp. I could now feel his smile as he continued to work the bud with his mouth, then he moved to the other.

My mother had told me that my nipples would become sensitive when I neared my first heat but I didn't expect anything like this! Squirming under Mathis his body lightly pinned me to keep me under him, but I knew that I could get out if I wanted to. After a while of his teasing he moved lower and stopped over my stomach as he pressed a lingering kiss there as his hands rested on my hips. Glancing down at him as my breaths came in puffs I caught his eyes as he glanced up at me, then kissed my stomach again.

"You're so beautiful," he groaned as he nipped at the skin on my stomach then caught my eyes again, "I can just imagine you with a child, it would make you look that much more amazing," he whispered.

As he said that my hands found his hair and I pulled him back up and forced our lips meet again, though there wasn't even an inkling of fight from Mathis. Resting my forehead against his I smiled at him and he smiled back as his hands cupped my face, "Mathis, when my first heat comes I want to be with you," I told him with full confidence.

He looked absolutely shocked and his thumb started to run circles on my cheek, "Jackson, are you sure? I haven't even fully courted you yet," he whispered as if it was a secret.

"I'm not accustomed to courting anyway," I told him in dismissal, "And yes, I'm sure. I more happy with you then I would have ever been and if you will have me then I want to be with you Mathis. I want to have your child and I want to support you throughout our lives and make your life bright and happy," I told him as I smiled, just thinking about a life with Mathis made me giddy.

One of his arms slipped under my back and the other behind my head as he pulled me into a tight hug, and I let my arms wrap around his back as I held him close, "I would be more than honored to be with you Jackson. I just- just- wow. I can' believe that you just asked me that," he whispered again. Something wet was hitting my shoulder and I pulled back in shock as I looked Mathis over in worry.

Tears were streaking down his face but he just laughed as he kissed me, "Look at this, I've only cried three times in my life and twice was because of you. I'm so happy Jackson, you really complete me," he muttered as he nuzzled his face into my still bare chest.

My hands carded through his soft hair as I relaxed back again, "Sleep Mathis," I whispered as I too fell back into sleep with my soon to be mate to be in my arms.

The sound of light whimpering jolted me from my sleep, thus waking up Mathis, who was quick to jump up and push me behind him as he pulled out a dagger that I didn't notice he slept with. Resting my hands on his shoulders I looked past him as my eyes scanned for where the noise was coming from. It sounded like the whimpering was coming from inside the hut but no one was coming in. Narrowing my eyes in confusion I jumped up with a gasp when I figured it out.