Chapter 22: Pain

Jackson's POV

I was still in a daze as Keller carried me through the clan and I could barely register people running past us but I did register the large fire that was rising up from the far side of the Clan lands. Keller wasn't careful as he carried me and I was jostled around and I finally gained enough sense to start thrashing around, but he quickly put an end to that with a few threats mostly aimed at my baby. He stomped through the camp towards the leader hut as he ignored the screaming clan members as they ran around in panic looking for their weapons that were suspiciously gone.

Keller's weapons were strapped to his sides and I thrashed around more as we approached the leader's hut front door, but someone attacking him from behind forced him to spin around as he defended himself. It was a furious looking Fran and she stabbed and slashed at Keller as she tried her best to keep the blade away from me. But that was a nearly impossible task considering I was still in Keller's arms as he fought with one hand.

During their fight I managed to slip out of his hold but with all of the fighting going on around me my instincts took over and I tried to run but the only way to get away from Keller was to run into the fighting, so that is what I did. The Konek warriors were fighting off a group of Thofit warriors who had finally arrived. Jumping right into the fray I ducked under a stray sword and flinched away from a warrior being stabbed as I desperately searched for someone familiar, but it was just a mass of bodies. A haywire arrow flew past my face and I whimpered as I continued to run. Crying out in fear when an arm wrapped around my waist I thrashed as I was pulled out of all of the fighting by none other then Keller.

Now that I was in his arms again he used me as a human shield against Fran who has been fighting and perusing him. He pressed his dagger to my neck again as he drug me back up the stairs leading to the leaders hut. 

When she realized that she couldn't attack him without hurting me she backed off with a snarl and Keller smirked as he quickly tied my hands and legs. Fran paced in front of us like a wild animal as she snarled at the knife at my neck. A battle cry rang up from behind her and to my relief more Thofit warriors decked out in their war paint started streaming out from the surrounding forest and from between the huts.  They met with the unprepared Konek warriors in the main clearing and the Konek warriors tried to fight the best they could, but the Konek warriors were sorely outnumbered and it looked like a lot of them still didn't have weapons. In the midst of all it was Mathis. He hadn't seen us yet as he continued to cut through person after person with the twin knives that I made for him.

Fran was still keeping her distance since I was still being held at knifepoint but I was just so happy to see Mathis, so I did something stupid and called out to him. My voice rang out over the fighting and his head snapped towards me and I saw murder fill his eyes as he saw the situation I was in. He pushed his way through the crowd and Keller smiled sadistically as he got closer, and something strange happened. As Mathis mounted the steps to the leaders hut the fighting stopped and everyone was looking at Keller and Mathis as they faced off in front of each other, just glaring.

Mathis held up his knives with a snarl and I whimpered as the knife at my neck cut into my skin, allowing blood to drip down. Mathis was a sight to behold though, with his red warrior paint mingling with the black paint of war and his weapons made specifically for him held at the ready.

"If I were you I would lay down my weapons, or this Omega here will go bye bye," Keller yelled with a smile in his voice.

Mathis, Fran and all of the warriors snarled at that but they all stopped as the knife was pressed into my neck further, making me whimper in fear for my life as I watched Mathis.  With a snarl Mathis threw down his weapons and the rest of the Thofit warriors slowly followed suit. The Konek Alphas were cheering as they started to push Thofit warriors to the ground and bound them. The once defenseless Konek warriors picked up the discarded weapons.