Chapter 25: Great Life?

No comment... just read

Jackson's POV

Six months after the birth I was sitting exhausted and alone in the bathing pools. Mathis had the boys and I was getting much needed alone time before Rowan needed to be fed again. In these six months both Rowan and Colton have been growing like weeds and Colton was up to a healthy weight. Rowan is a watermelon baby with all the fat he has and right now he is all giggles and hair pulling and he burbles baby chatter. Colton adores his younger brother and has been getting much better with his signing and lip reading and he can now speak a little. Sometimes we have to remind him of his volume but he is progressing beautifully. The other clan members dote on both Colton and Rowan and they are both loved by everyone, and Colton has even managed to make some friends.

Sighing into the warm water I rubbed my aching feet and arms. We had just finished moving out of our home into a larger one with three rooms, a living room and the kitchen, and Colton is the only one who isn't butt tired. Mathis has been an angel to have around and he is amazing with the kids, and balancing his work and time with me. He is getting closer and closer to gaining the title of Ral and me Soma but that is not something I want to think of as of now. This was my relaxation time and I sorely needed it. 

Washing my hair and body I got out and dried myself of as I put on the pelts to covered my private parts and made sure my hair was dry before I went out into the cooling early fall air. I was greeted by nearly everyone as I walked since everyone knew who I was and I greeted them all back with a smile and a wave.

Making my way through the now familiar clan I got to the clearing that mates with children frequent and I was happy to find Mathis running and playing with Colton as Den sat wrapped around Rowan to make sure he wouldn't get into trouble or get too cold. The chubby baby was squealing as he pulled at handfuls of the huge wolves black fur but Den didn't even flinch. If anything he seemed to be enjoying himself. Colton was laughing as he ran trying to keep away from Mathis who was letting  him stay in front of him and I dropped to the ground as I crept up on the pair of them.

Mathis was so focused on Colton he didn't even notice me, but Colton's nose more then made up for his ears and he spotted me quickly, but he didn't point me out to Mathis as he kept running. Colton ran past the tall grass I was hiding in and I let him pass but when Mathis was close enough I attacked. Using the strength of my legs I jumped up and tackled Mathis to the ground as I play growled at him.

"Don't you chase my son!" I demanded with a laugh as we rolled through the grass.

"But he looks like food! I will eat him!" Mathis said in a monster voice.

Colton jumped on my back as he playfully gnawed on my shoulder and I roared in fake pain. We played around until the sun was starting to go down and Rowan was starting to make a fuss at being left out. Jogging over I picked up my chubby baby and gave him a long kiss on the cheek before we started to head out with Mathis at my side and Colton holding both of our hands.

Getting to our new home was easy enough from the clearing and after a small dinner Colton and Rowan were put to sleep and before Mathis and I could even take a breath there was a knock on our door. Raising an eyebrow I looked to Mathis to see that he too looked confused. Opening the door there was Fran and Marley standing there with serious looks on their faces.

"What's up?" I asked with Mathis standing right behind me.

"Ral Percy needs to see you," Fran answered and Marley just nodded. They finally made their courting official and were officially together, and it was not easy for Marley but I knew that they were good for each other and I was happy for them but right now they had serious looks on their faces that was making me uneasy.