Chapter 19: The Head Warrior

Jackson's POV

I could feel Marley glaring at Mathis's and mine intertwined hands but I just ignored her and kept holding my mate's hand. I could tell that she was trying to figure Mathis out and Mathis was just ignoring her as his thumb ran circles over my knuckles and he led the way to Ral Percy's hut. As we walked Mathis and I got a lot of smiles and waves as usual but Marley was too busy looking around at the clan in wonder to notice the curious gazes being thrown her way. Thofit is much larger then Konek could even hope to be with more permanent shops set up and a lot more diversity in the jobs that the people could have.

Mathis made sure we were quick to reach the hut and he let himself in and I smiled that it was full of children like the first time that I had met him. Ral Percy was in the middle of it all as he played with and entertained the children that were climbing all over him with a large smile on his face and easy laughter falling from his mouth. He brightened even more when he saw Mathis and I enter.

"Mathis! Jackson! What do I owe the pleasure?" he asked as he started to remove the children from his back and limbs.

"We have company," Mathis said stiffly as he jabbed his thumb in the direction of Marley who was watching the scene with confusion.

Ral Percy instantly got a serious look and whistled loudly. An Alpha male rushed into the room and with a few quiet words passed between the two of them the Alpha was ushering the children out of the hut as the screamed and giggled. Once the children were gone Percy looked back to us as he gestured to the furs on the floor, "Please, sit," he told us.

Mathis pulled me over to a large pelt and sat down before tugging me down into his lap. I was quick to settle down and lean back into his wide and warm chest. Marley looked at me with confusion before she glared at Mathis and crossed her arms over her chest, "I thought you were going to take me to talk to your leader," she snapped as she bared her teeth at Ral Percy, "Who is this Beta."

Mathis went to snap at her but Ral Percy cut him off, "That would be me," he said coolly with an edge to his voice, "And I believe that I told you to sit down," he growled.

Marley just raised an eyebrow before she plopped herself down on the floor, "Now," Mathis called, "I believe that you had something that you needed to tell us."

"There was something that I needed to tell my brother, not some dumb Alpha and weak Beta," she growled.

"Well I am Jackson's mate and am going to be the next in command and Ral Percy is the one who is currently in charge, so spill or I will have you bound again and thrown in the cages!" Mathis seethed at my sister who didn't even look phased, "So get to it pup."

She growled at him and I barged in before a full fight could break out, "Marley, I trust these two so that means whatever you can tall me you can tell them too. Please?" I asked her gently.

Her glare flicked from me, to Mathis, to Ral Percy then to Den who positioned himself so that if Marley was to attack Mathis and I then she would have to go through him, "You really trust them? They aren't forcing you?" she asked me with hesitance.

"Yes I trust them, I am speaking for myself," I assured her.

She was silent for another minute before she sighed deeply and looked at me straight, "Keller is planning an attack on Thofit," she said bluntly.

My heart dropped into my stomach and I felt like I couldn't breath as what she said hit me. Keller was planning on attacking my new home but Marley continued talking, "He was planning on attacking and raiding, first taking all of the Omegas then the supplies then he was going to move the location of our whole clan. He wanted to send someone in to try to nab you so that he was sure that he would get you back, so I volunteered to do it to cover the fact that I was coming to warn you. You shouldn't be with him," she growled as he bared her teeth in anger.