Twitter imagine 7

"My name is Nick Jonas, to some Nicholas Jonas, to my mom, Nicholas Jerry Jonas...and I'm looking for my brother Kevin Jonas or Paul Kevin Jonas or maybe just Paul Jonas," Nick breathes in sharply. "I don't know what he put on his record but his wife is in labor and I'm already three hours late and you need to hurry up and tell me where to go because I'm going to be an uncle, and, holy shit..." Nick leans on the counter for support, feeling nauseous. "I'm going to be an uncle."

"Breathe," The nurse says, laughing as she sees the color drain out of Nick's face. "Your brother is this way..."

Nick regains his composure and follows the nurse down many halls that look exactly the same.

She turns down one narrow pathway and he sees you.

You smile big, and he runs passed the nurse into your awaiting arms.

"Baby," He breathes into your neck. "I've missed you so much."

He picks you up by your waist and twirls you in his arms, breathing in your cotton candy perfume.

You laugh as he buries his face into your neck.

"Dani is doing great. Her water broke about an hour ago." You inform, Nick still in your arms. "Just breathe," You soothe. "You made it. You got here just in time."

"I'll never be on Broadway again," he mutters, and you giggle. His heart beating in his chest.

"Did you run here?" You smile in disbelief.

"There was unnecessary traffic." He replies, almost laughing.

"Nice to see you made it, bro." Nick turns around to see a smirking Joe, his fingers nestled around a warm cup of coffee.

They exchange a brief hug before Nick turns to you and kisses you softly.

"Well, I'm glad you're here, darling." Nick looks into your eyes. "You can calm me down."

You look down to the floor, shyly, feeling the butterflies in your stomach start to stir.

"It's a girl! A healthy girl!" Kevin bursts through the double doors, a smile engulfing his entire face.

Arms shoot up in a victory-oh-my-god kind of way, and for a moment, everyone celebrates, jumping into each other for hugs in a festival of love.

"Come see her!" Kevin practically yells, unaware of the range of excitement in his voice.

Joe follows and Nick takes your hand, trying to lead you in.

"You go." You whisper, dropping your hand from his grasp.

"This is a brother sort of moment." You smile.

Nick looks back at you, concerned.

"I swear I'm fine." You reassure. "I just want you to go share this with your brother...alone. Don't worry," You wink. "I'll see the little princess next."

Nick shakes his head and runs to catch up to Joe.

You sit down in the waiting room, yawning.

"What a great story." You say to yourself, quietly. "A baby born on labor day..." You smirk. "She's already a funny kid."

You yawn, looking at your phone. The time reads 5:56 A.M.

You've been up since 6 AM of yesterday morning.

You bite your lip, trying to stay awake in the silence of a hospital room.

You open your text messages and find Nick's name.