Twitter imagine 9

#imagine

"I want you to know something," Nick says, holding your hand against his chest. "I want you to know just how beautiful you are..."

"Nick," you interrupt, dropping your eyes from his gaze, embarrassed.

"No, listen to me. You are beautiful. You need to let go of any insecurity telling you otherwise. Shed light on your demons."

"I don't know what you're talking about..." You begin to say.

"Cut the crap." He says, his soft eyes growing into a more stern, serious look. Still with your hand reached out against his chest, he pushes back your sweater sleeve until the cold air hits the showing scars. "You've started again." He says, his voice shaky as he observes the self inflicted wounds now bridged across your slender arm, unfitting.

You look down, ashamed, feeling your entire being go numb; the ability to walk away this time, dead.

"Listen to me," He says, lifting your chin so that you face him. "You need to believe in yourself."

"You make it sound so easy," You mutter, bitterly.

"It's not going to be easy." He bites back. "I never said that."

"You just don't get how I'm feeling." You begin to pull your sleeve down, but his fingers hold it up against your elbow.

"You're feeling horrible. Like there is no solution at a grasp so you feel like giving up. You feel guilty, and miserable, like your heart has just turned on itself and is now self destructing." His voice goes high, and one single tear escapes and runs down his pale cheek. "You feel helpless, right?" Anger is now infiltrating his voice, and he bites his lip, hard. "It's like someone has stolen a part of you, your happiness, and twisted it so that it isn't the same."

Your breathe in through your trembling mouth, amazed.

"N-"

"Do you want to know how I know that?" He asks rhetorically. "Because that's how I feel seeing you like this. I feel like shit, darling. I don't know what to do. I am running around the realms of my head trying to find a solution for the love of my life. This," He points at your newest scar. "This," He chokes, beginning to cry. "This scares me. This makes me miserable because this...this will eventually win you if you don't start to realize how special you are. I will lose you to this!"

He paces the floor, his hands pulling at the ends of his curls, sobbing.

"And I can't help feel guilty...I...I..." He grunts, frustrated. "Have I not told you how much you mean to me every second of every day since that day we met?" His eyes are glossed over with hurt.

"You have..." You mumble, unable to breathe.

He shakes his head, confused.

For a moment, he thinks of what to say next.

"Whatever you do to yourself, you do to me. We're in this together!" Nick raises his voice, unstable. "Losing you to this battle can't be an option...it...it won't be an option. Losing you is losing my heart. Losing my happiness."

You can feel your knees shake underneath you.

"And I feel helpless," he whimpers, raising his shoulders, defeated. "I want to help you but I can't if you won't let me."

Your lips tremble, and you can feel thick tears slide down your cheeks, staining them. Nick begins to walk over to you determined, and you almost feel the need to step aside because you fear he's going to crash into you. He grabs the back of your head and slams your lips onto his, both of your tears mixing, both aching bodies becoming one.

You can feel his body tense, almost shaking into yours, and you can feel his love physically encapsulate you two, making you feel more secure in the way he always wanted to offer you.

You close your eyes, and ease into his kiss, your sobbing slowing coming to a stop.

"I love you so much." He whispers, holding you tightly in a hug.

You shake your head yes, and for the first time, you're not afraid to hide your scars.

Not mine