Twitter imagine 17

#imagine

"can i take off this blindfold now?" you laugh, as you feel nick guide you to somewhere unknown.

"no!" he says, obviously enjoying you relying on him for vision.

"oh come on," you groan. "ive been literally wearing this for an hour..." you purse your lips, thinking. "this isn't going to be like a scary movie where i take off my blindfold and some guy who's not my boyfriends appears with an axe?"

you can hear nick laughing.

"you watch too many scary movies," he says in between chuckles. then suddenly it gets quiet. "or do you?" you feel him whisper, threateningly in your ear.

"oh, stop it." you say, playfully punching his arm.

"ow! how'd you know where my arm was?"

"lucky shot." you smile.

he stops abruptly, making you run into his backside.

"we're here." he breathes, almost as if he can't realize it himself.

you take off the blindfold, and gasp.

millions of little stars dance in the sky, twinkling like angel lights suspended in the wind.

"oh my," you whisper.

"do you like it?" nick asks, all his hope in that one sentence, as he looks at you nervous.

you don't look at him, still captured by the beauty of it all.

"nick, it's..." you see a shooting star pass by.

he stares at you watching the heavens above, smiling at your reaction. he notices your eyes glazed over with fascination.

"Sweetie, look down." he whispers.

you do as he says.

below your feet you stand on a blanket, holding hot chocolate and several pillows, sprinkled with glitter so that it looked as if it reflected the sky.

"you told me," he says, turning you around in his arms so that he could stare into the eyes of the girl he loves. "you told me that your favorite subject was science, astrology to be more exact," he smirks, and you think back to when you first met him, in fifth grade when he was your lab partner.

"because it made you think of worlds bigger than your own." he continues, still holding your glaze. "you told me that your dad would take you out to see the stars when he had some important news to share with you..." you think about your father telling you he was sick, feeling tears swell in your eyes. "and when he passed away, you told me he belonged to the stars, and that you always knew he shined the brightest when he thought you were happy." you gulp, and look down. nick raises your chin, though, making you look back at him.

"so tonight, i drove you far away from our apartment, because if you haven't noticed, you can't see stars in New York City," he chuckles softly, "and brought you here under the brightest of stars to get a blessing...from your father...to marry you, because you are my star, and you are the world bigger than my own."

he gets down on one knee.

Not mine