Chapter 17

Guess who's back.. Back again ;)

----------------------

Cassidy's POV

I can here everyone, but I can't see anything. I can feel someone holding me, possibly running somewhere. I hear voices yelling at me, begging me to keep my eyes open. I try with all my energy to do as they say, but I just can't.

I try one last time, but I fail. I fall into the black abyss of sleep.

--------------------------

I suddenly hear everyone again, but still can't open my eyes. I hear a door open and shut, then everything goes quiet again. I feel someone grab my hand.

I will myself to open my eyes. It takes me a few more tries, but I finally open my eyes. I close them right back shut, seeing as there is a bright light, blinding my sensitive eyes. I give my eyes a minute, then open them again, blinking rapidly, helping my eyes adjust to the light.

I look at whoever is holding my hand, finding it to be Ross. I see a tear roll down his face, dropping down onto my hand. I shut my eyes when he starts to talk.

"Cassidy, please, wake up for us. You're my bestfriend. They say you have a slim chance in waking up. They're pulling the plug in a few days. The baby is ok, but it needs you Cass." Ross says, just above a whisper.

I open my eyes, "Ross?" I attempt to say, my throat feels like sand paper. He gasps, looking up at me. He hugs me. I giggle, managing to wrap an arm around him. "I could never leave my best friend." I say, winking when he pulls out of the hug. He chuckles, wiping his tears.

"How long have I been out?" I question. "3 weeks, today." he replies. I nod, looking down at my stomach. "So that makes me 1 month and 1 week pregnant." I smile, noticing my stomach has gotten slightly bigger. "In case your wondering, everyone left to get freshened up. Tim, Jordan, Maddie, and I haven't left since we finally found you and Madison. I went home yesterday and took a shower and all that."

I smile, nodding my head. Ross dials the nurse, and she comes in, checking everything. She smiles at me, "You got some amazing friends, honey, don't ever let them go." I smile, nodding my head. "The baby is ok, you are very lucky. I've never seen a baby survive in a mother who is in a coma. Your baby is old enough to tell it's gender. Would you like for me to order an ultra sound to be done?" She asks. I nod my head, "My boyfriend isn't back yet, could we possibly wait on him?" I reply. She nods, "Of course, just hit that red button on your remote and I'll be right in."

I smile, thanking her.

-------------------------------

While Ross and I are talking, I hear a knock on the door. Ross looks at the door, then back at me. "Act like your still in a coma," he whispers fast. I nod, giggling. I shut my eyes and he tells them to come in. I hear Jordan, asking how I'm doing in a sad voice. I open my eyes. "I'm doing quite fine, how are you, babe?" I smile, catching his reaction.

He runs over to me, hugging me. I giggle, wrapping my arms around him. He lets go kissing me deeply. I smile into the kiss.

I Hug everyone who came in. I tell Jordan what the nurse said. He ran to the remote and pushed the red button. I giggle, and we wait on the nurse.

She comes in 5 minutes later, since I've been in a coma, she brought the monitor and the equipment in. She allowed everyone to stay in the room.

I see my baby on the screen. I grab Jordan's hand. I look around the room, everyone smiling. The nurse takes some pictures of our baby.

"Are you ready to know what it is?" she asks. We all nod, smiling.

"It's a... Girl!" She announces. I shriek, hugging Jordan. "We need to go shopping for my princess!" Jordan claps. I giggle, resting my hand on my stomach. "Well, congratulations. The doctor wants to keep you for another hour for observation. And I will come in for your discharge papers." She smiles. We all thank her and she leaves.

Jordan kisses me, "I love you." We say at the same time.

--------------------

Gosh, I have a ton of ideas for this book. I'm probably gonna post another one later. No promises ;)

;*