Chapter 20

Madison's POV

*7 Months and multiple cartons of ice cream later*

Today is Cass' and I's baby shower. We both got our babies matching onesies. Mya's says 'He's my best friend' and Noah's says 'She's my best friend'. It is so cute. I have a feeling there will be some new relationships coming to the office. If you know what I mean. Wink, wink.

Anyways, I'm 8 and a half months pregnant and Noah is already the size he needs to be. So, I could go into labor in a couple days. I can't believe I'm going to be a mom. Cassidy could also go into labor around the same time I do. But if she does, Mya will be a little smaller. Nothing life threatening, the doctor said.

I feel Noah kick hard. I grab Red's hand and squeeze my eyes shut. "Babe. Breathe." Red soothes, rubbing his thumb over the top of my hand back and forth. I take a deep breath and Noah settles after a couple of seconds. "Babe, I think we need to go to the hospital. He's been doing this all day." he says. I nod, agreeing. "But after the baby shower. Cass and I have already planned everything. 

----------------

A couple hours later, the baby shower is over. Noah's kicks get harder and harder. I hold my now huge stomach, walking over to Cassidy. "We need to go home and pack our hospital bags. I need my best friend to go with me to have my first kid. And Mya will probably want to come out while we are at the hospital. Red is driving us. Now, lets go!" I say calmly at first, but rush at the last part. Mainly because Noah kicked really hard. Again. 

Cassidy's POV

Jordan, Maddie, Red, and I rush to his car, telling everyone to meet us at the hospital. 

Once we get home, we get the two car seats into the car and pack some clothes. I throw an outfit into my bag and go back downstairs. 

We pile back into the car and we head to the hospital.

----------------

A nurse comes to the entrance with a wheel chair, since Maddie can't walk at this point. Red and I help her get out of the car and into the chair. 

The nurse looks at me. "I see, you're going into labor, as well?" she asks. "No, not yet. But maybe in a couple of days." I say nervously. She chuckles, "Don't worry, hunny, you will both be fine. I've had two, myself. It's not as scary as it sounds." She reassures. Which makes me feel better, coming from somebody with experience. 

We go up to the room and everyone gets situated. "I'll be in the waiting room, there can only be two people in here while she's.. you know." Jordan says, looking nervous. I giggle and he kisses me, leaving the room.

I hold Maddie's hand while they give her the Epidural. Red's being protective and making sure they are doing everything right. Maddie winces when the needle goes in. The nurse pushes the button thing, injecting the epidural. 

She takes the needle out, "Ok. The doctor will be in, in a few moments. We need to get everything set up, and soon you'll have your baby in your arms." the nurse smiles, walking out.

Maddie takes deep breaths. "It hasn't been Noah kicking, it's been contractions." Maddie says, to no one in particular. 

I look at Red, who is focused on Maddie, looking worried. Maddie looks up at him, "Babe, I'm fine. It's a part of pregnancy." she says and Red kisses her, shortly after, the doctor walks in.

"Hi! I'm Doctor Palls and I'll be helping you deliver your baby!" The nice lady smiles warmly. "I'm Red," "I'm Maddie," "And I'm Cassidy." We all say.

Dr. Palls nods. "Ok, Cassidy. I'm going to need you to hold one of Maddie's legs for support, and Red, you hold the other. When I say push, Maddie you need to push as hard as you can. Ok?" We all nod. 

After a couple of pushes, little Noah is out! Red is the first to hold Noah, after he cut the umbilical cord and the nurses did all of his measurements. "Hullo!" He smiles down at the baby, talking in his funny voice. Noah half-smiles, causing everybody to giggle. Red gently hands the Noah to Maddie and pulls his phone out, taking a picture. 

I go get Jordan from the waiting room, then we walk back to the room. I smile when Maddie offers me Noah to hold. I gently pick him up and cradle him. Maddie takes a picture of Jordan and I smiling at him. 

I can't wait to have Mya.