Chapter 3 [A Night to Never Forget]

>> Edited 2020/06/26

Reader's POV

The three of us went inside and went into the... dining room? A rather large dining area. Just to get thrown into a crushing hug by a woman in glasses.

"(Y/n) was your name right?! Can I do experiments on you?!" She asked hopefully.

"H-Huh?!"

"Oi, get off of her Shitty glasses." Levi lifted the woman by the back of her collar.

"Aww, no fun! But can I still experiment on you?!" She grinned facing me. I looked around and coughed.

"No," I said sternly, recovering from my surprise. "No, you can not."

She frowned, disappointment leaking onto her features, "Aw it was worth asking. Anyway, my names Hanji Zoe." She introduced and shook my hand.

"Yeah, well you already know I'm (Y/n)..." I trailed off. "Anyway, are we gonna have dinner? It's been a while since I ate something, let alone with others." I smiled.

"Yeah, there's food set up so eat up!" Hanji grinned and pushed me onto a bench and sat beside me.

"Oh, I have some food already... if you don't mind me eating that." I sheepishly grinned and pulled out a sweet roll, cooked pheasant, and a glass of mead. Everyone stared in shock and I looked at them. "Heheh um... It's a skill I have to summon anything I take... or a power call it what you must..." I said nervously at the tension in the air.

"Can I try that?!" Eren asked suddenly pointing at the sweet roll.

"Uhm... I suppose I do have a few on me... (Because I take every sweet I can find...)" I said getting a few more from my "magic inventory". I placed them down on an empty plate. "Go ahead, just don't eat it so quickly," I said, most of them looked at the plate of sweet rolls suspiciously... well except for Eren who thanked me and grabbed one biting into it. Perhaps I should eventually tell him not to trust everything a stranger offers. 

"Wow, this is great!" He said grinning as he ate the remaining sweet roll. The others noticed this and one by one took a piece to try soon having a smile on their lips. I rested my chin on my hand with I content smirk, I look over to the only one who hadn't touched the food. (Sorry I may have confused you as much as I confused myself, just imagine some of the tables are closer to the ones for the squad captains and leaders XP ... just roll with it :'l )

Levi...

"Are you gonna eat?" I asked sneaking over (with the plate in hand) whispering for him to hear as everyone else talked to each other. "It's good... you know, I never really get to each a meal with others... it's normally just me eating a small snack or with one other person... or dog..." I explained softly, his eyes shot towards me.

"I see..." He muttered.

I nodded, "Heh, yeah pretty lonely, right? I don't feel along that much 'cause I know there are the few people (or creatures) out there I can trust..." I closed my eyes contently and released a sigh.

Nor Levi or I spoke, I listened to the chatter of the other cadets and my own breathing before I heard movement. I opened an eye to see Levi reach for one of the last sweet rolls on the table. A small tug pulled at the corner of my lips and a small chuckle escaped my mouth.