Chapter 8 [Ticket to Home]

>> Edit 2020/07/04

Reader's POV

I awoke and looked out the window, the sun was still setting so I haven't been asleep for that long. I stood up putting on my boots and just headed out in the casual outfit I wear when I am not killing bandits and chasing dragon's while doing quests all week.

I got a few stares, most likely from the odd clothing compared to theirs but I simply ignored it and opened the door. I got a tray with food, not wanting to waste it but also not really wanting the strange mixture. 

I sat next to Mikasa who sent me a small smile I could slightly see behind her scarf. I looked back down to my food in silence. Grabbing the spoon I poked the "mush" that laid in the bowl and picked up the stale bread in my other hand. It isn't the best quality but compared to the other things I have tried. It's nothing.

I took a bite out of the bread, how does Sasha manage...? "(Y/n) you're here!" Sasha said happily. "Have any food I can borrow?"

"Borrow...?" I raised a brow towards her but she shrugged with a small grin.

"Your stomach might start hurting if you eat too much..." Krista told the hungry girl. Ymir swung an arm around Krista making the blonde look down with a tint of blush on her cheeks.

I continued to eat after declining Sasha. Gods this food sucks, "How do you eat this every day?"

"It's what we're given, we don't have much a choice unless we want to starve."

"True true..." I swallowed the lump of bread. I finished my food in moments and stood up. "I'm going outside," I told them and place my tray and the empty bowl on the counter.

I went outside and instantly felt the cooling breeze blow my hair to my face. I pushed my hair away with a breath of air. "Night is always my favourite time of the day..." I said to myself as I looked up to the sky while I walked through the field.

I grasped the necklace that laid on my collarbone. I looked at it in my palm of the (amulet(Talos, Dibella, etc)/gold or silver (gem)) necklace.

I heard light footsteps behind me. I averted my eyes to the noise without turning my head. Who is it...?' My eyes widened when I felt an arm wrap around my neck and a gloved hand holding a cloth covering my mouth.

In the attempt to Shout, I inhaled whatever horrible smelling chemical was on the cloth, cursing as black spots bloomed in my vision. 

Shit.

Was all I thought as I soon fell into darkness.

♤oOOoOOo♤

My eyes snapped open. I looked around cautiously trying to figure out where I was. Where am I!? What the fuck happened!?' I tried to move but I realized both my hands and feet were bound.

"Woke up already?" I darted my gaze to the voice, a male figure stood there.

"Who are you?" I commanded sternly.

"Me? I'm with some people who want to... use you, then kill you."

"A little dumb to tell me that don't you think. Why?"

"Because we have the power you have no clue about." He answered a smug grin across his damn face. Who the fuck let this guy guard me?

I stared at him, I rose a brow. This feels like déja vú, being kidnapped like this.
I closed my eyes in irritation, "Fos Ro Dah!" I shouted at him, he flew back and I burned off my binds with flames. I did the same with the binds around my feet and stood up.

I stepped over the man who fell unconscious from the force when he hit the wall. I exited the room making sure no one saw me.

There were several others, men and women who looked like they were guarding this abandoned places. How strange.

I snuck past them in succession, Good I don't need to fight them...

I was surprised when they didn't even notice the shout I used but didn't care since it didn't alert them.

I reached the door and I saw light seeping through the small window. I opened it slowly making sure it doesn't creek. I ran outside, making my escape. I paused when I was getting surrounded by many people I saw inside. They were wearing strange clothing, like a cult...

I instantly started dodging them and ran back into the abandoned building (which seemed to be my only opening). I ran down the halls not bothering to look behind me since I can already hear their footsteps.

I was suddenly pulled by my arm through a small opening in the wall. I struggled but stopped when the owner of the hand that grabbed me spoke.

"Shh! Please stop, I want to help you escape." A small feminine voice said. I looked to her, the young girl had shoulder-length brown hair with black eyes. She was wearing the same clothing as the other people I saw but her behaviour was different.

"Follow me to the roof where you can escape..." She said loosening her grip but still held on. We started going up this tight staircase, with the strange girl in front of me. "I'm Rae, by the way..."

"(Y/n) (L/-"

"I know, we were after you as I was informed." She told me.

"Why?" I asked highly confused.

"Because it's our goal given to us by The World Eater." I gasped slightly, "Yes... we were the ones who founded him and restored his strength."

"You aren't from this world either," I stated and she nodded, still not looking at me.

"No, we were brought here because of my people's experiments. We resurrected Alduin when we found a trace of his power left." She explained.

"Why help me?"

"Because I know Alduin's choices were wrong so only you may be able to defeat him." We reached a ladder that leads to a trapped door. "Come."

She climbed the ladder and opened the trap door. "We may meet again soon, please end this."

I nodded and she added hastily, "Wait! We are outside the walls right now." My eyes widened at the fact. 

"The walls are going north. Use the fastest way to get back if you must." I nod with a frown.

"Dur Neh Viir!" I shouted at the empty space. "We must go quickly Durnehviir," I told him and climbed on his neck taking off.

"Wait! You should go up there first...!" Rae yelled and trailed off pointing to the night sky. I followed where she was pointing at and my eyes widened.

There was something there...

Tear like opening in the sky. It looked exactly like the vortex I came through the first time. I gaped at it in surprise, while Durnehviir watched it cautiously but said nothing.

"It leads back to Tamriel, it leads back into the sky so be careful of the drop!" Rae shouted. "You can come through it as long as it's open."

'Back... to Skyrim!?'  I looked back to the sky.

"We're going," I told him. This was my chance.

"If you wish, Qahnaarin," Durnehviir said flying to the tear.

_______________

《A/n: Thanks and I hope you liked the chap! ^w^

Ciao~!》