Chapter 9 [Home and Back Again]

>> Edited 2020/07/06

Reader's POV

I grinned under my helmet when I felt the familiar wind of Skyrim. "I'm back home..."

'But I still need to go back... To kill Alduin and help them.' I thought as we soon landed at a familiar location. Durnehviir landed right where he first vortex was.

"(Y/n)!" I turn to look at who the voice belonged to.

"Serana!" I breathed and hopped of Durnehviir, hugging the vampire.

"I heard about what happened! What was there?" She asked both curious yet concerned.

"I can explain later," I told her and turned to Durnehviir. "You may leave, thank you." He nodded his head and disappeared back to the soul cairn.

"Care to tell me then back at Whiterun?" Serana asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Of course, How long was I gone?"

Serana frowned, "Months? Not completely sure but you were gone for quite some time. There was an increase of dragon attacks since."

I frowned knowing it would happen when the dragons found out. "Let's head to Whiterun first to my home there and I'll explain. Then maybe I can help deal with a few of these dragon problems."

'Then get prepared to go back and fight Alduin.' I mentally added.

Serana nodded and slowly smiled, "Another adventure?"

I smiled and nodded. "Let's go."

♤oOOoOOo♤

"That's... certainly interesting..." Serana comments as I finally finish my story. I drank a bit of the mead and nod. Not one to drink but once and a while it's okay. (A/n: PSA DON'T DO UNDERAGE DRINKING (DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE TO!) )

"Yeah...  I must return there, Serana!" I said a bit loudly. Seemingly not affected by my outburst, she nods and smiles gently.

"I agree, and you should bring someone with you for backup." She suggests.

I nod my head, not completely sure if she's hinting what I think she is. "I will, I need to prepare my items first."

Seeming content with the plan she agrees. "Great now to get those items! I should start with potions, my armour and weapons are already good," I say to myself.

"I'll head back to the Dawngaurd for now, see you in a bit."

She nodded and Serana left the house, leaving me with Lydia- who was probably asleep since it was night. 

I went to my bed, laying down. Letting sleep take over.

♤oOOoOOo♤

I sat up and rubbed my eyes with a yawn. "I see you are awake my thane," Lydia spoke from her seat in the corner next to the door. "I'm glad to see you're back. Was... everything alright."

'I feel like she watches me sleep...' I thought mentally chuckling. "Yeah, complicated, to be honest, but I'll be alright." I hope, had gone unspoken. "I'm going out, it's urgent. Take good care of the house."

Lydia nodded. "Of course."

I sat up and put on my armour. Stepping down the stairs and out of the house. Breathing in the air of Skyrim, "Right... I should make more arrows since that's already here... then I'll head to Dragonsreach and make some potions since I have the ingredients." I nodded to my self at my plan and walked over to the Warmaiden's and stepped inside the shop.