Chapter 18 [A Little Confession]

>> Edited 2020/08/27

Reader's POV

I sighed as I laid back down onto the bed. Exhaustion took over my body as I relaxed onto the soft mattress. The door opened and Serana entered with a tray filled with food. I'd guess it was for both of us.

"Tired?"

"Very much so, I slept for what? Four hours? And I'm still sleepy, I just went to go use the bathroom."

"Well you should eat, then continue to rest. How are you injury-wise?"

I hummed, staring at the ceiling, "sore, but not really in pain."

"Good," she replied as she placed the tray on the small table, standing next to the chair she sorted through each piece of food. She walked over to my bedside table and placed the plate down.

"Thanks, mom." I rolled my eyes with a smile as I took the plate off the table. She laughed with the shake of her head.

She paused suddenly, a look of remembrance crossed her expression and she asked, "so, what are you gonna do with the Elder Scroll?" 

I pursed my lips to a line. "That's... a good question."

I looked down the the glop that you're suppose to call soup in the small bowl on my plate, next to it was a small slice of meat and less stale looking bread. 

"Hey, this actually seems like a decent meal. Like-- ah-- better then what's normally served. And there's meat!" I looked up at Serana. "How'd you get this? I doubt they served this to everyone."

Serana smiled, a gleam of slyness in her eyes. "Well~ there was a certain person who asked for you to have a better quality meal rather then the normal since you defeated the dragon threat." I stared in confusion as she continued. "Well, that's what Hange told me at least." She shrugged, although her eyes said anything but casual of the gesture. 

I rose a brow as she went to go sit down at the table. "Who exactly was this?" Perhaps I shouldn't have asked.

She grinned, cat-like. "Le-vi." She watched as my expression change. One more, flustered I suppose.

"O-Oh..."

She chuckled as she bit into her food. Instantly spitting it out. "Ugh what was I thinking, human food." I heard her mutter. Then my eyes widen, I leaned forward concerned. 

"Right! Do you need blood right now? How long have you gone without it?" She looked to me with a blank face. With a dismissive shrug she looked back to the plate of food.

"You can have my food if you're still hungry." She said, offering it out to me. 

"I know that human food doesn't really appeal to you... do you want this?" I summoned a fairly large bottle, the red liquid swirling around as I moved it in a circular motion. I felt my flustered feeling from earlier disappear under the pleased happiness at seeing Serana light up.

"Y-You have those?" She gasped quietly. 

I nodded my head. "Of course, I come prepared. Well, you know, even if I may not be a vampire." (A/n: sorry if you are... xP)

She stood and walked over to me, looking at the bottle in my grasp she looked at me once more as she reached out her hands. I smiled and placed the bottle filled with blood into her palms. 

"Thanks."

I grinned, " 's nothing." She went to sit back down as I turned my attention back to the food in my lap. I dug in greedily, savoring the piece of meat that I received, since I didn't really keep meat on me.