Chapter 19 [Tidying Up The Mess]

>> Edited 2020/09/03

Reader's POV

Now is the part where I say; I have to clean up the mess.

And by that I mean that I literally have to help with the clean up...

Alduin is a piece of shit.

I sigh as I stood up onto one of the large ruble pieces of rocks that were scattered around. Some buildings- along with houses were destroyed by the battle (as well as the storm he had created).

《Quest Started: Picking up the Aftermath》

"Damn this will be awhile..." I grumbled, surveying just how much destruction the fight had caused.

"You better be glad that we're here to help then." I turned my head, seeing Serana glance back at the red dragon as well as the group of familiar faces.

"Yeah, I really appreciate it." I smiled under my helmet, since I really don't enjoy the sun in my face; plus the head protection, right? I clapped my hands together to gain their attention as I turned back to the huge mess.

"Well let's get this started!" I exclaimed, knowing we probably won't even be half done by the end of the day. Mostly because it's already after lunch since those friends (ahem- helpers *cough*) of mine had to do chores first. Orders from the high ups after all.

"This is not gonna be fun is it?" I heard Sasha ask.

"Nope! But remember, it could be a lot worst if Alduin were still alive." Serana pointed out.

"Yeah I guess..." Sasha pouted, I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"What? You hungry already?"

"Obviously! I'm never not hungry!" I shook my head with a chuckle and jumped down from the pile of rubble.

"Alright!" I called. "First this first, we should clean parts of the houses and buildings that have been destroyed and move them over the wall unless it can be salvaged. Otherwise, we put them in small piles that will allow Ohdaving to move them with nets." (A/n: not a bad plan... made it up on the spot...)

"Yes ma'am!" They scrambled with that, some going towards the ruined city and other out to prepare said nets.

"You wouldn't be that bad of a squad captain." I grinned, rolling my eyes and facing the shorter male.

"Is that so? Well we can discuss that some other time. Right now we have cleaning up to do and that titan mess to deal with alright?"

"Then when night falls I want to properly speak of that topic with you."

"Oh?"

"Yes "oh"." Levi rolled his eyes, I swore I saw the tiniest of smiles creep on his face.

And it certainly made me warm inside. He should definitely smile more often. At Levi's questioning gaze, I realized I had spoken out loud.

"Sorry," I apologized, rubbing the back of my neck. "You should though, you look cute."

The statement must have annoyed him because his expression turned sour, earning a laugh from me.

"Happiness is something you decide whether you have or not, sometimes there are sources for our happiness, the things that make us laugh. What ever it is-- let's hope it isn't stange or harmful... you should enjoy it." I worded carefully.

He turned his head away from me slowly, "thanks... I guess. I'll think about that."

I snorted, "you better. That was one of the only times where I actually bothered thinking through everything that I was gonna say."