Chapter 17 [Alduins defeat]

>> Edited 2020/08/19

Reader's POV

"This is it," I mumbled, grabbing the sword and amulet. I put the amulet around my neck with a small 'clank' as it touched the amulet of Mara. I put the sword on my belt, and once it was secure I turned to the Elder Scroll that layed on the bed.

Sun light graced it, making it shine brightly. Pretty to say the least.

A soft knock on the door gained my attention. "Who is it?"

"It's me." Serana peered her head in, a small smile on her lips. "Are you ready?" She asked.

I stayed quiet for a moment, then with a light chuckle I answered; "Yes I am." For a moment, it felt like this was just going to be another outing. Not a dangerous battle which could cost me my life, and many others.

I heard the loud roar of Odahviing and then was accompanied by another. 'Alduin...' My eyes narrowed, Odahviing was forcing Alduin to get closer here.

We managed to agree on a large field to be "allowed" to kill the dragon upon. Which is bullshit if you ask me, but it's gonna happen, I will make sure of it. The storm he would make could destroy everything anyway.

My hand tightened around the sword. Lips pursed in a line. And a bead of sweat ran down my temple.

That's it, Odahviing and Alduin appeared from behind the large walls, Odahviing herding him towards us. Serana smiled reassuringly. I did the same, changing my stance and my eyes stayed glued to Alduins figure. His eyes met mine and he snapped at Odahviing, turning to bite down on his leg, he let a pained cry and snapped back. Jaws not able to pierce through the think scales. The red dragon thrashed in the air, attempting to throw Alduin away.

Alduin had bit down harder, effectively breaking the red dragons leg.

Odahviing flew farther from the World Eater when he was released. Eyes wandering down to his leg, that was severely damaged.

He growled to Alduin, who seemed to laugh at him in return. When Alduin stopped, instead of attacking the traitor he swept down towords us below.

My eyes widened a fraction, managing the shout of Serana to move before I dodged out of the way as he tried to grab her with his jaw. Dust and mud kicked up from his landing. I felt debris stick to my armor.

Sword in my hand I charged at the beast, letting out a cry as I jumped on his back. Digging the blade into his scales untill those scales neared the hilt. 

He spun, pushing himself into the air. I struggled to hold on tighter as I almost flew off myself.

"I will kill you!" I gritted my teeth, death grip on the sword.

"You are too cocky for your own good, Dovahkiin."

"Sometimes that can be my downfall, but believe me when I say I don't underestimate you. I know what I am getting into you dumb lizard!"

"Owch," he cackled, "You hurt me." Ignoring the burning sensation from the blade that cut his skin. I didn't let his indifference throw me off, because I could feel the way the blade had sliced under his scales.

I bore the pain and grunted as he threw himself towards the ground once more. Fully prepared to crush me under his weight if I hadn't pulled the blade away and fell from his back.

"I will in moments, hi meyus siigonis (you foolish lizard)." I hissed as Ohdaviing swooped under to catch me.

Alduin roared at the other dragon, anger etched into the primal sound. I apologized for his leg as he dropped me off on the ground.