Chapter 5 [Nightmares who Return and Created]

>> Edit 2020/07/04

Reader's POV

A peal of dark laughter filled the air as I opened my eyes. I stood within pure darkness as if I floated on air.

The same laugh comes again, "Long time no see, Dovahkiin." My eyes widened as I stood there frozen. "I see you remember me... That will make it more fun..." His voice said as if he was smirking.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "How... How!?" I yelled out to the emptiness that surrounded me, enraged. Dread bubbled in my stomach.

He chuckled, "I was resurrected, of course."

"By whom..." My voice got lower basically growling.

"That is for you to find out, Dragonborn. Remember this, you may have defeated me once. But I will not allow it a second-time Dovahkiin, be ready. I will return." With each word spoken his voice faded away like an echo, yet clear enough for me to understand. I felt a small shiver through me then suddenly my vision faded to black.

♤oOOoOOo♤

3rd Person POV

For the next few days of training, (Y/n) could never clear her mind of that 'dream', she told herself it couldn't possibly be a dream since it felt all too real. She knew it was true, that he was back. It affected her in many ways, though not many noticing, except the few. Hanje, Mikasa, and even Levi noticed the start of the (h/c) haired girls behaviour.

(Y/n) sighed finishing her job of cleaning the stables. She looked around and back to her feet. 'Calm down (Y/n). You're Dragonborn after all! And you're skilled at basically anything! If you defeated him once you can do it again!' She reassured herself before she jumped when she felt a hand placed upon my shoulder. (Y/n) turned and saw Levi looking at her.

"A-Ah sorry. I'm done cleaning..." She trailed off sheepishly.

He looked around the stable and nodded back at me. "You seem off," He said bluntly. (Y/n) had a surprised look since he spoke again more quickly, "you're acting paranoid, you look around too much... as if someone is watching you." He explained.

(Y/n) looked down, he was haft right. But no one is watching me, she's waiting till they show up... "Brat...?" Levi shook me (Y/n) saw a flash of concern in his eyes when he was trying to bring her back from her thoughts.

"Sorry, it's just... hard to explain without saying a full story along with it." The female mumble and attempted to walk out of the stable, far from him actually. She noticed Mikasa and Hanje started giving me looks ever since the 'dream' but now Levi notices to...?

Levi grabs the back of my shirt and (Y/n) looked back to him. "If you need anything, you have people you can talk to." He wanted to say "you can talk to me, you know" but held himself against it.

"Thanks, Levi." (Y/n) smiled apologetically before walking out when he released her shirt. (Y/n) looked to the ground, he's right, she can talk to others for support. It was so sudden she never saw something like this to happen.

Days passed and the day of the expedition came. Everyone lined up waiting for the speech, most of the others were filled with worry... (Y/n)? Well, she was filled with anxiety, she was nervous when the unknown will show.

She was with Levi's squad for this. Arvak looked back to her as if it tried to reassure her. She padded it's skull mumbling a small "Thanks."

"Are you gonna be okay?" Eren ask the girl. (Y/n) nodded, giving him a reassuring grin.