Chapter 11 [Another Visit from The World eater]

《You should definitely go look at my other shit. (P.S NOT ACTUAL POOP)

>> Edited 2020/07/30

Reader's POV

I took a sip of the tea from the cup I held in my hand. I sat there with a book in my other hand, staring down at the words.

Slamming the book down in frustration, Cicero jumps at the loud noise. Looking over with wide eyes.

"Is everything alright, Listener?" He questions.

"Of course, just... Uhh trying to wrap my head around some things..." I replied sheepishly, looking out the window to the star-filled sky.

"Cicero is at your service great and powerful Listener." He says casually, the taps his chin when he pauses. "I suppose I am the listener in this case, then, hm?"

"Thank you." I mumbled, smiling at the joke. But it fell when my head starts pounding slowly yet suddenly, I rub my temples in order for my head ache to stop. 'God I can't come up with a simple plan to do this.' I grit my theeth in irritation, my headache growing.

I've been up for a few nights just trying to think of a way to beat Alduin. I haven't rested in awhile, but it was my utmost priority to have some idea on beating that overgrown lizard back into the ground.

My head turns to the door as a knock emits from the other side. I breath a small 'oh' before standing and walking towards the wooden door.

"What is it?" I said tierdly once I open the door. There stood Eren and Mikasa along with Armin, they all held a concerned look.

"Hi (Y/n), how are you holding up?" Armin asked.

"You skipped both breakfast and lunch, and you even skipped dinner yesterday!" Eren exclaimed, concern written all over his features.

I gave them an apoligetic look. "Sorry, I've just been busy in my thoughts a lot quite lately..." I told them, what a terrible excuse...

"Have you eaten anything? You have bags under your eyes." Mikasa said, basically noting. Their concern brings an appreciative flutter in me, I can't quell the warm look I offer them.

I shuffle my weight from side to side, "I... don't have much time right now too do so." I admit.

"At least come eat dinner with everyone!" I look to Armin and sigh.

Shaking my head in defeat, I speak; "Oh alright, just uh leave room at the table for two. Cicero has been more... whiney for food lately." I could feel the imaginary awkward beat of sweat dripping as I cock my head to the imperial who was fiddling with an ebony dagger.

"Oh sure!"

♤ooOOoOOo♤

I was greeted by everyone as I sat down with a small smile. Cicero sat next to me, suprisingly silent. I drank/ate (?) the odd soup. I took out a sweet roll and handed it to Cicero, who's eyes lit up at the sight.

"Ohh! Can I have one?" Sasha lean over the table in front of me. I leaned back a bit.

I rose a brow, "just this once, Sasha." I told her, giving her a sweet roll. Then I pulled out a boiled cream treat and hid a grin as I bit into it.

"WOAH WHAT'S THAT?" Sasha asked excitedly as her eyes started to sparkle. Perhaps I should be a bit worried how food-obsessive she is...

"It's a boiled cream treat... and no, you cannot have any." I said sternly. Sasha pouted making everyone laugh at her attempt.