Chapter 6 [Recovering scars, & New Wounds]

>> Edited 2020/07/04

Reader's POV

"My gods..." I muttered as we rode through the stone road. Eren got nearly killed or kidnapped, the rest of the squad (other than Eren and Levi) had died, and the female titan disappeared... what a great first experience, right?

I let out a sigh my face dropping completely. The townspeople were yelling, everyone was talking between each other, obviously on what happened.

Arvak turns its head to look at me while it trotted with the other horses. I patted its head, "We'll be okay for now... I hope..." I muttered the last part feeling a chill go down my spine.

♤oOOoOOo♤

I laid on an actual bed in a room I was given a day ago. I sat up lazily and turned to look out the window, "I wonder how the others are handling themselves back in Skyrim... I hope it hasn't gone to complete crap and destruction already." 

I stood and stretched, then walked out the room once I put on ebony chain armor with ebony boots and gauntlets, plus a daedric helmet.

Walking down to the mess hall at a leisure pace. I looked around seeing that most were still in worse moods from the expedition.

"(Y/n)!" I turned to the voice and was tackled in a hug to the ground my Hange. "Ow ow!" She jumped placing her hand over where my armor dug into.
"That is good armour!" She complimented.

"Thanks," I said awkwardly as I stood up. "So what did you need Hange?" I asked her after a pause.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You've been more distant lately."

"Sorry, I'm normally alone. Or travel with one other person." I explained sheepishly. You get used to the little amount of company, eventually.

"It's alright!" She said grinning. "I can understand you need some space but have you been eating?" She asked poking at my chest piece.

"I don't always eat, thank you," I said swatting her hand away. "It's a habit, I don't eat every day," I explained shortly.

"But that's not healthy (Y/n)! You should eat more." I shook my head.

"I'll be fine, I just eat when I need to restore my heal- I mean hunger," I said quickly fixing my mistake. (A/n: Author's notes will look like this instead of bold letters. Anyway, get the reference? *wink wink*)

Hange raised a brow but didn't ask, "If you say so. But if I notice you're getting weaker than I will feed you myself!" She declared laughing. I gave her a weird look but chuckled. "You have to stay in good shape, y'know!"

"Okay okay, I'll eat more often," I said giving her a hidden smile.

"You should go talk with your friends, I'm gonna get back to my experiments!" She said sprinting out the door and down the hall.

I stared at where she just was, blinking a few times before going towards the same table Mikasa, and the others sat. Friends...? I've never considered many to be a "friend", companion perhaps but friend?

I've always made that mistake, and it always ended with one side killing the other. I savored the peace I can get every once and a while.

"Hey," I said softly sitting at the end on the bench next to Sasha. "The aura leaking from here is sorrowful." I stated then continued, "Look I may have not been here through the many expeditions. But I know the only way to avenge your comrades is to stay alive and kill the titans. So lift your spirits and deal with what happened!" I said sternly making them raise their heads to me. "Don't be sulking and waiting for the titans to die. Do you want to deal with their deaths? Then kill the titans, get your revenge." I said, making their faces light up.