Chapter 12 [A Red Dragon (+a Vampire) to Join the Party]

>> Edited 2020/08/11

《A/n: I may have messed up my spelling for Odahviing's name (<-- That's how you spell it) so I will go back sometime and edit that ... Enjoy the long chapter》

Reader's POV

"(Y/n)... are you sure you'll be alright?" Hanje tilted her head, unsure about my reassurance.

"Yes Hanje, I'll be okay. Believe me when I say these health potions work." I smiled at her as she checked the capability of my arm movements.

"If you say so (Y/n), just be careful!" She warned sternly, I nodded slowly. Leaving the room and meeting Cicero out in the hall.

"Cicero was worried, dear Listener! You barely ever sound in that much pain!" He said, fists clenched. His brows were set in a deep lock with each other, I give a small smile. 

"Yes, well through that experience I picked up the fact that he can bite stronger than normal and... is stronger than before but... that's expected," I spoke with a sigh. "Thank you for your concern Cicero, I should be back in top shape in no time." 

I looked at the dented and broken gauntlet in my hand. Alduin's sharp teeth indented in the ebony material. "Geez... Hey Cicero? Wanna come with me back to Skyrim? There were a few things I wanted to get (that I forgot...), and I can go get this," I said holding the ebony gauntlet, "fixed?" The change in topic brought back his persona, lighting up like a torch. 

"Oh? Back home?" He cheered happily, "Of course! I can go back and tend to Mother!" He danced around making me chuckle.

"I'll inform the commander... then we can go. Go to your room and collect you things, I'll meet you there when I am done." I directed him, the imperial nodded and he made his way to the said room. I turned on my heel and walked to the commander's office.

I knocked on it. "Come in." He said through the door. I entered with a small salute.

"Ah Cadet (Y/n), is there anything you need?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. (A/n: *cough cough* caterpillar eyebrows xD)

"Yes well, I will be departing back to Skyrim shortly, for a few days, two to three give or take. I will return as soon as I can to aid you all." I informed him.

He nodded in understanding, "Very well. We hope for you to arive back safely." He said.

"Thank you." Turned and walked out of his office, closing the door behind me. Letting out a steady breath as I look up from the ground. I turned and walked towards my shared room to get Cicero.

♤oOOoOOo♤

Durnehviir let out a grumble as Cicero got on the undead dragon's neck behind me. "Deal with it, please," I said as he sent me a glance.

"Zu'u dreh ni laan wah. (I don't want to.)" He replied and took off.

"Fen nii kos pruz voth Serana? (Will it be better with Serana?)" I asked curiously. He looked back at me as we continued towards the portal. I would prefer having Serana at my side than Cicero, not that I have favourites. But when it comes down to abilities, Serana's magic would be very helpful-- along with her Vampiric state. 

"Sosnaak? (The vampire?)" He asked remembering the female vampire companion. 

"Geh. (Yes.)" I answered simply. He turned his head back infront of us as I slowly leaned my head on his neck. 'Exhausted...' Was the only word that shot through my mind before closing my eyelids. 

...

"Qahnaarin... Qahnaarin..."

I stirred from my sleep and raised my head to see the plains of Skyrim. Looking around before slowly dismounting Durnehviir. "Thank you." I patted his neck, he faced me and with a snarky look he blew a small bit of fire at my face. The warmth hitting my face straight on. I scowled and huffed. "I take that back," I groaned, making some sort of laugh come from the dragon's throat.