1

*FLASHBACK*
She remembers the day all too well. It was like she was standing in a corner and watching as the events unfolded themselves. "Rayhanah! If the school bus leaves you I am not taking you by car. You'll have to go by public transport," shouted her father.
"Oh come on baba! You know I am really slow. Please baba. This is the last time. I promise." Her father smiled. The kind of smile that let her know that she had her way. That he would actually take her to school no matter what he said. "Thank you baba. I love you. Truly. I don't know what I would do without you. I'll just be a second." She said as she reached to kiss his forehead not knowing that she was about to find out just how painful it would be to lose a parent.

"Rayhanah!" she heard Nusaibah's voice, "Maalimah is looking at you. Snap out of it." Sure enough when she looked at the board Maalimah Naima was looking at her with a questioning expression on her face. She nodded her head to tell her she was okay and pretended to scribble something on her notebook.

The rest of the morning was a blur and as they headed for assembly she prayed for a distraction. "Nuuuun. Walqalamy Wamaa Yasturun." Her heart raced in her chest as she tried to keep her eyes fixed to the ground. She knew beyond reasonable doubt that that was Muhammad's qiraa. And all she could do was finish the surah in her mind, "Maanta Biniimati Rabbika Bimajnun...."

Nusaiba and Khawla stood by Rayhanah's side and held her hands. They knew she was battling her feelings for Muhammad. What they didn't understand was why she wouldn't accept that it was normal, that it was halaal and all she needed to do was pray to Allah about it. She kept telling herself that she was wrong. That she was wronging Allah. But soon enough she'd learn the truth and she would experience a soothing kinda peace she didn't think possible.
.
First chapter up. ♥
Shukraan for reading it and any kind of comment and criticism is welcome.
Jazakallah ♡