35

Congratulations were in order for ever one of the souls had passed and was content with what they had achieved. Ummu Khawla was beyond proud and so was Ummu Rayhannah, for the overall performance of the students was not all that good, but their children had done splendidly.

"You wanna go out for ice cream?" Ummu Khawla asked her babies and the triplets were so quick to answer that Khawla had to cut in, "Now, although I love it when you guys are all cute and bubbly, I think that question was directed to me. Considering I'm the one who made mama proud."
Muhammad cleared his throat. "Yeah! Yeah!" Khawla responded, " You might have gotten a better grade but yumma loved mine more than she loved yours! Right mama!?" Ummu Khawla nodded as Khawla ran to hug her with her tongue stuck out at Muhammad.

"Such a kid! Jeez! I truly believe I was born first. My gut is never wrong."

"Bwahahahahahaha!" Khawla let out a histeric laugh that was almost inaudible as Wafaa had her tucked in one of the tightest hugs ever, "Gut feeling you say!? Then I dare you to choose an amazing ice cream place that you have no doubt I'll love and will put none of us in a compromising situation. "

"You being a hog, I'd say MnKafe!"

"Mama you heard what he called me!"

"Muhammad! Apologize please Habib!"

"I'm sorry Khawla ..... That you can't see your true traits."

Khawla ran after Muhammad although she knew oh so we'll that chances of catching up with him were nill.

"Can you two stop being babies and get ready. I need to be back home by four o'clock."

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"I'll have anything with not that much sugar in it." Rayhannah told the waiter.

After he'd left, Abu Khaleed struck a conversation. "So, Rayhannah, what'll you major in now? With your grade, you can literally do anything."

"Medicine."

"Awwwww Masha Allah! That's amazing habibty. And it's about what!? Seven years right?"
She nodded and he engaged Khaleed and Umar in the same conversation.

"MnKafe! Here we are!" Rayhannah looked up to see Khawla and her brothers running straight to them as they all hugged her. "Awwwwwww my baby. I'm so proud of you wallahy.And so are all these boys apparently!"

"Hahahaha! As I am of you! And them too."

"Where are my manners. Assalamu Aleikum Khaltu and Khalo."

"Waaleikum Salaam. I'm so proud of you my baby. And by the way, where is my Wafaa!?" Ummu Rayhannah asked.

"She's with Muhammad. They are packing the car and will be in in a second."
Rayhannah's grip on Khawla tightened. 'He was here!?'

Almost immediately, Muhammad walked in. His eyes lifted to Rayhannah's and Khawla burst out laughing as his expression matched that of a fish out of water. "I totally agree with your gut," she said when he reached their allocated table,"Its never wrong. Always the best choices. Masha Allah!"

"Shut up Khawla!"

"Noooooooooooooo! I gotta hand it to you bro! Your decisions. Masha Allah! They leave me speechless. Our first born!"
Khawla couldn't stop laughing.

"Assalamu Aleikum!" Rayhannah said.

"Waaleikum Salaam HAYATY! Owwww! How it feels so good to call you that. Hug me Rayhannah!" Khawla was having the time of her life and Muhammad, well he couldn't wait to get back at her.

"Mama gave you this! She says she's truly ultimately proud of you. Maasalam princess."

An ice cream sundae sat in front of Khawla and she decides she had to push it all the way! "Muhammad, what did Khaltu UmmulKhayr give you!? Other than a congratulation!?"

"Her daughter!"

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuu! Shots have been fired!" Ummu Khawla said. And when Khawla was about to complain she continued, "You started it all so he is not to blame!"

"Let the games continue!"

3 sundaes, 2waffles and a diet coke later, Khawla - with one of the triplets on her back - staggered out of the Café.

"I doubt I'll be having supper today."

"Lying is haraam. We both know you'll be the first at the dinning table today."

"Muhammaaaaaaaaaaaad! Shut up!"

He was about to answer back when his phone rang.

Mama Iman 💖

He waved the phone at Khawla's face and she told him to answer it.
"Assalamu Aleikum mama," Wafaa, who was within an earshot, felt her heart ache.

"Yeah I'll come over tonight In Shaa Allah. Shukraan."

He was about to ask Mama Wafaa for permission but she nodded before he could speak. The unseen tears that lingered in her eyes broke him.