52

"Okay so let me get this straight! I'm to sit here thought out the whole conversation?" Muhammad was having a hard time understanding his sister. She had invited Umar over for supper to 'talk things through' but he, Muhammad, had to stay.

"Yeeees!  You will sit there and you will neither talk nor excuse yourself until we are done! Understood?"

"One last question,"
Khawla facepalmed herself.

"Why exactly do I have to be here!?"

"If I could I would step on you. But I need you on my side. Anyway, I can't sit with him here alone. That's why you are needed. Now, Muhammad Nurein Hassan! Do you have any other infuriating questions to ask?"

He shook his head.
Ummu Khawla made the best of what she could. Lasagne, Stir fry, and Umar's favorite - Biryani. To say the least, she'd gone all out. The kids were tucked in bed by nine and the only people left in the living room were Muhammad, Umar and a Khawla that was scared half to death.

It was clear to Muhammad that the two souls would waste his whole evening if he didn't make them get over whatever needed to be talked about. So he ushered Umar into the room and practically dragged Khawla by her scarf knowing she wouldn't hit him back since Umar was in the vicinity.

After about forty minutes and ten used tissues later Umar got up to leave the Nurein household both he and Khawla feeling lighter about their situation. Muhammad escorted him out and when he was about to leave, Umar called unto him.

"Take care of her for me. Okay?" He nodded.

Khawla was off the chair and on the mat when Muhammad came back so he sprawled himself right next to her.

"You wanna talk about it?"
She shook her head.

"Between you, him and Allah?"
She nodded.

"May I say something?"
She nodded.

"This is about your life, handle it on your own. Don't let people's opinion about him alter your choice. Please Khawla you love him. He loves you. Just make the right decision. He is a good guy, don't judge him by his past. Focus on the present. Everybody has a past that is bad, he has it, you have it but it doesn't mean that you judge on it for the present. He is a good guy. He truly is Khawla, I know him. And I see him with Khaleed and the way Khaleed talks about him, he is really a good guy."

The eleventh tissue was passed onto Khawla as she wiped unwanted tears away.

"This truly is my life! And this truly is only about him and I. And right now I just want it to remain that way. You know!? Like I want it to stay under the water. I've listened to too many opinions, too many people. But he always just listens to me. I feel like when he says that he loves me more its his truth. But when I say it, its a lie."

"That's truly your choice habibty. All I want you to know is that I am here for you. And don't call yourself a liar! Just work on it. I'm here for you  "

"Aww! I appreciate you Muhammad. I honestly do."

"As I do you little one!"
Khawla rolled her eyes!

"Five minutes!" She yelled as she headed to her room, "I'm older than you by by five minutes!"
Muhammad smiled to himself. His sister was a strong soul and she'd get through it all by herself. Well not completely! She had his duahs and Allah! What more could she possibly need.

And so that day, Khawla, for the first time since Muhammad and her were reunited, fell asleep without having to cry about anything. But would the feeling of absolute bliss last?

A/N:
Assalamu Aleikuuuum. This chapter was written by two people. Well obviously I'm the one who wrote it here buuuut the conversation between Khawla and Muhammad is an actual conversation that I witnessed and so I'd love to give a massive thank you to the two souls that took part in it. About the advice that was given, girls, take heed. And I'm here for you all. Always. I love you.