32

"Rayhannah!" Umar called from the living room.

"Really Umar," Ummu Khaleed began, "What did we say about shouting in the house?"

"No one is allowed to shout in the house unless something really really bad has happened to you." He said with a sheepish smile.

"Coming Umar!" Rayhannah shouted back.

"Ugh! You kids can be sooooooo annoying at times."

"Yet you still love us so much."

"Correction. Too much," Rayhannah said as she walked down the stairs.

"I'll leave you alone, lest you get on my nerves all over again."

"We love you Yumma," they shouted at the same time, and Ummu Khaleed reached out for two coach pillow and threw them at the kids as they all laughed.

"How are you Rayhannah? How's school and everything else? I feel like we haven't talked in forever!"

"I'm good and everything else is good too. And its not a feeling. It's true. We really haven't talked in forever. Anha, what's up? Apart from you hiding things from me."

"Really!? That's what you want us to talk about!? What have I hidden?"

"K"

"K what!?"

"H"

"K..H, anha!?"

"Khawla Nurein Hassan!"

Umar wasn't expecting that at all. He's breath hitched a bit and his eyes widened.

"Slow down cowboy. I haven't even began my torture yet and you are already worked up and all."

"How.... How ..did ..how!..."

"Okay, this is how English works! You don't repeat a word thrice. When you've said it once, you go to the next word and there you have it, you get a sentence. Or in this case a question."

Umar threw a pillow right in her face.

"Khaleed told you!?"

"Hahahahahaha! How he wishes! The poor soul tried to be neutral but couldn't. Anyway, Khawla is my best friend and you are my favorite brother so I definitely know. And I'm happy for the both of you."

"Then why isn't she answering my texts!?"

"Ya Allah! You texted her!?"

"Subhanallah! You didn't know? Okay, what DO you know!?"

"Nooooooooo! Let's rewind a bit. Why did you text her. Rather what did you tell her!?"

Umar got his phone from the charger and handed it over to Rayhannah.

To: Her
Assalamu Aleikum Khawla. This is Umar. I just wanted to wish you and your family an Eid Mubarak. Please send my regards to Khaltu Wafaa. Maasalam.

"Okay, that's not bad at all. But lemme tell you how my Khawla works. She doesn't text anyone who isn't her mahraam and I can bet my entire chocolate store that she has been on the verge of texting you back a million times over. My baby wants Jannah for you and she wouldn't be able to stand being the reason for you not to get in, you understand?"

He nodded. "Now I wanna give you some advice," Umar said as Rayhannah nodded hoping it had nothing to do with Muhammad," Talk to her about her dad. Make her talk about him. Because keeping it in burns so badly, I should know. And if she cries, don't tell her it's going to be okay because it won't, you can't bring him back. Tell her that you'll keep on praying for him and that you always have been. Okay!?"