28

"Can I have your attention for a minute? Then you can go back to doing whatever it is you are doing." Rayhannah asked Khawla.

"Anha. Tell me my princess."

"I've done something. And it felt really really good. But I doubt if its halaal."

"Ya Allah! Please tell me its got nothing to do with Muhammad!"

"I can't lie to you."

"Subhanallah. Tell me what it is then we'll see what we'll do from that point on." She handed Khawla her phone and sat by, shrinking by the second. Khawla was always a fast reader but in crucial times like these, she usually 'brutally decides', according to Rayhannah, to slow down her pace and make Ray anxious.

"Okay. Ummm.... Wow! I'm speechless. Truly. God! Umm...,"

"Ow come on Khawlaaaaa! Say something!"

"It's not right and you know it. It feels good to let loose but its not right. You are the one who keeps telling me that a man has done nothing for you until he marries you, but why do you treat my brother differently? As in I get it's the feelings and all but still. You are a strong person and I hope you have come to believe that. Yeah?"

"You know what I want to do. As in what I think I must do?"

"Anha. Tell me."

"I wanna cut all forms of direct communication between him and I. I know it'll be hard, sometimes I think impossible, but its what needs to be done. If this thing is true, it shall last."

Rayhannah was battling huge tears and she thought that she could maintain herself but the minute Khawla hugged her, they began to flow.

"I understand Hayaty. I get the struggles and all, the temptations, the low moments, but all this will be worth it. Don't even stress. You remember your favorite ayah when we entered highschool, 'La tahzan. Innallaha Ma'ana'. Live by that. Allah has seen your struggle and you are just human habibty. You do get off the right path sometimes but what you do after that is what matters.  Like honestly, how many teenagers around the world do this and feel absolutely normal and no guilt at all tags at their hearts? Sooooo many. So you are actually better than you think. Babe, this will crash Muhammad I won't lie, but its for his own benefit and you know that."

"I knoooow. But I've gotten used to talking to him and seeing him around the house that I am not sure whether I will manage without him now."

Khawla knew that that night, Muhammad wouldn't be staying at her place and she doubted whether he could handle the news alone yet still she couldn't bring herself to ask Rayhannah to postpone the news to another day. 'Ya Allah! Give them the strength they need' she said in her heart.

"I want you to be there when I'm texting him."

'Ya Allah!' she thought to herself, 'And who will help my prince through this tough moment.'

"A hundred and one percent. I'll be here."

"As in I wanna do it right now!"

Khawla took a deep breath and silently asked Allah to give her brother the strength he needed.

Muhammad Nurein Hassan was busy looking for the right gift to get his beloved. He would give it to Khawla or Khaltu UmmulKhayr to give it to her. Suddenly his phone vibrated in his pocket and he was beyond pleased to see that it was his one and only.

From: Hayaty
Assalamu Aleikum Muhammad. Do you have a minute I wanna tell you something serious.

This didn't feel right and to say that he was beyond frightened was an understatement.

To: Hayaty
Waaleikum Salaaaaaam. Yeah sure. Why do I have the feeling that I won't like this!.

From: Hayaty
Muhammad. I can't even begin to tell you how hard this is for me. For one, I have grown so used to you and having you around that I think I'll be the one to fail this but anyway, I love you only for the sake of Allah because it is He who brought you to me and it is He I should be grateful to. My goal is to go to Jannah but not alone. With you! And I can't guarantee that if we keep up with the frequent communication and the confessions. I know how good this feels and comfortable but I want more with you. I want halaal with you. But I can't keep telling myself that I love you when I allow you to commit haraam. Habib, I am not judging any of us, I'm letting you know what I feel. Please please don't take this the wrong way.

He read the message over and over again. And with every end, the pain increased.

To: Hayaty
Speechless

From: Hayaty
You don't get to be speechless at a time like this. Say whatever is on your mind.

To: Hayaty
I'm thinking now I can't text you anymore. I can't see you anymore. I'm thinking, why the hell didn't I realize sooner. I'm thinking, my Rayhannah is doing something that is very difficult for her just so that I can increase my chances of going to Jannah. I'm thinking of how much my love for you has increased just in the past few minutes. I'm thinking, is there a chance that I could lose you in these moments of silence?

From: Hayaty
NO! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE ME! THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN CROSS YOUR MIND. God! Muhammad, it truly is hard but its what needs to be done.

To: Hayaty
I guess its goodbye then?

From: Hayaty
Yeah.

To: Hayaty
Bye Hayaty.

Muhammad hurriedly scrolled down his contact list and found who he was looking for. After three rings, she answered.

"Assalamu Aleikum Muhammad,"

"Waaleikum Salaam my princess. You know?"

"Yeah"

"You're with her now?"

"Yeah"

"Okay. Then I'll see you in the evening?"

"Yeah In Shaa Allah"
He was about to disconnect the call when she spoke, "Muhammad, you know she loves you right? And all this is for both of your sakes right?".

"Khawla, I'm at a mall. If we talk right now, I'll end up crying in front of all these strangers. Today evening In Shaa Allah?"

"Yeah definitely. I love you my baby brother!"

"I love you too hilwa. Catch you later."

Amd at that moment he knew exactly what he needed to get her. A replica of the place where all Muslims go to find peace, serenity and get their sins forgiven. A replica of the Kaabah.

Author's note:
Assalamu Aleikum lovelies. Now, this book is not just to act as a pass time but also to learn from it. Like Mrs. Rana's lessons are true stories from the islamic history and the mistakes the characters make. All of it. Sooooo just because I've written something totally haraam in my book doesn't make it halaal. I do that to show you that people do sin, but what you do afterwards is what defines you. May Allah make our hearts steadfast in his deen. Anyway, shukraan to all of you. So much love and light your way. Stay blessed