17

Finally the time of the year that everyone had eagerly been waiting for finally came around. Ramadhan! This was the time every Muslim detoxified not only their bodies but also their souls. They would stay without food and water or anything edible really through out the whole day and break their fast at Maghreb (time when the sun sets). But that wasn't the only reason as to why it was their favorite month. This month meant late nights at the mosque and meeting new people. It meant having more time to spend with the family and because their school was a really religious Muslim school, all studies were put on hold and all they did was read the Quran and listen to the Khutbahs after dhuhr (prayer offered at noon) swalah. Nusaibah and the girls were over the top excited since they'd planned for this Ramadhan since last Ramadhan.

"I'm actually a bit sad because I'm so used to praying taraweh that has been led by your dad Nusaibah but now that's he's retired, I don't even know if I'll like the new guy." Rayhannah said as she fake wiped tears from her eyes.

"Now don't you dare say that to his face. He's head will keep on growing bigger and bigger. So many people are coming home and telling him the same thing. Ugh! Baba can be so annoying sometimes. But he says he's sure everyone will wish he retired earlier the minute we hear the new imam that's leading the taraweh." Nusaibah said as Khawla smirked.

They girls rushed to the mosque for dhuhr prayers as they were already running late. The minute they got there, the iqamah was sounded and everyone stood up in their straight lines and waited for the imam to commence the swalah.

"Allahu Akbar!" Swalah began....
After a very calm fatiha, the imam read Ar Rahman. Which was Khawla's favorite surah. His qiraa was so beautiful, so swift, so light, that every ayah he read really touched the hearts of all the people who were praying under his lead. He led swalah with such patience and care that at the end of all four Rakaahs, most of the men who were praying behind him were seen going to gift and praise him.

"Masha Allah! Who was that!?" Khawla asked a little bit shaken.

"Habibty that's Umar," Rayhannah answered with a huge smile plastered on her face. She was beyond proud since the whole of the previous night, Umar had forced her to listen to him recite the surah over and over again even when she'd told him that his recitation was perfect.

Khawla was beyond shocked. She had loved Umar for his personality and his ability to solve other people's problems for them. She'd loved his Khutbahs and how it seemed like he was talking to her directly. But hearing him recite the Quran today filled her with such a longing to hear him recite all day everyday.

"Come on habibty. We have to go to the Muslim children's shelter. Remember we signed up for it last year but couldn't get in? Now we have the chance to. So come on." Rayhannah urged Khawla after they had offered their Ba'adiya (a prayer that is not obligatory that is offered after completion of performing an obligatory prayer) swalahs.

"Muhammad offered to drive us there considering he also signed up for the classes." Khawla said a little disheveled. Rayhannah flushed as she remembered how he'd saved her contact on his phone. Hayaty.

When they reached the school gate, Muhammad had already started the engine and was waiting for them to get in the car so that they could beat traffic.

"Assalamu Aleikum Muhammad," Khawla said the minute she was in, " I believe you know my friends. Rayhannah and Nusaibah." He nooded with a smile on his face as he steered the car out of the school parking grounds.

"So what classes are you getting Muhammad by the way? Do you know?" He shook his head. He couldn't get himself to speak for if he did, maybe just maybe he'd not be able to stop directing every single statement to Rayhannah.