4

Nusaibah's POV:

Last week Mrs. Rana promised us a lesson we wouldn't forget. To say the least, I was feeling over the top because she had to be the best I.R.E (Islamic Religious Education) teacher and story teller I had ever met. She was always spicing up her classes with instances from the Prophet's (S.A.W) time.
"Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatuh my beautiful ladies," Mrs.Rana said as she swirled into class. She was a tall light skinned woman with the clearest grey eyes I had ever seen. She always wore a smile and covered her body as was expected of every muslim Lady - young and old. "So I know I promised you a story but first I need you to put all your books, pens and anything else on your desks away. If any of you is wearing any jewelry or anything other than uniform please put them away." The speed at which all these instructions were followed conveyed how eager we were for the story to begin.
"Bismillah," she began, " You see how simple you are and bare, well that was how our Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) lived his life. As a simple man who owned nothing other than the vitals. He was a man who lived by principles even before Allah (S.W) called him out as a Prophet. He was trusted by his own enemies to guard their property not because they had no choice but because they knew they could definitely trust him. Now, we all know that one of the Prophet's wives was Khadijah yeah?" We nodded in agreement.
"Well today's story is not about the Prophet or Khadijah as individuals. Its about the Prophet and Khadijah as a couple. The love that Khadijah had for the Prophet surpassed all measures. She believed in him when all of humanity had lost hope in him. She accepted Islam when everyone denied him, she held his hand when everyone turned their backs on him. From the day they got married, the Prophet never saw a bone in his fish or meat, because Khadijah removed all of them for him, to relieve him of the stress. Whenever the Prophet was eating fruits with seeds, Khadijah would place her hand right under his mouth so that the seeds fell on her palms and the Prophet didn't have to pick them up. One day, when Khadijah was doing this for the Prophet, Angel Jibreel (A.S) came down and told the Prophet that Allah(S.W) had sent greetings for her. How amazing is this? That she should also be told that Allah(S.W) had told Jibreel to build her a house in Jannah. Why? Because of the way she treated her husband. Her significant other. Whenever the Prophet had a problem, he could always count on Khadijah for the best non biased option. And when Khadijah passed away, Subhanallah! The sadness that cloaked the Prophet(S.A.W) was one that was evident and painful. One day, years after her death, Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) came across a necklace she used to wear and he became overwhelmed with tears. His tears were so sincere that Aisha got jealous. He never even once forgot her. The death of a loved one shows vulnerability of mortal love. But the love of Khadijah and Muhammad(S.A.W) was not mortal, it was immortal. When Khadijah died, the Prophet's love for her didn't die with her. In fact it not only outlived her, but it grew even after her death. Not even the presence of nine other wives in his house could inhibit the growth of his love for her. In fact his love for her was always struggling to find expression. Subhanallah, a love like that can light up the whole sky." The bell rung interrupting Mrs. Rana's story that had brought so many of us to tears.
A long 'aaaaaaaaaaah' circulated the class to Mrs. Rana's amusement. "Girls come on, manners! Anyway moral of the story, true halaal love exists sweethearts. And all we need to do is pray to Allah(S.W) and practice the best of behaviors because the Prophet's behavior attracted Khadijah who knows who will be attracted by yours? Maasalam habibtys. Till next time." Said Mrs. Rana as she made her way out of class.
"Wailalikah Mrs. Rana," we sang.

Mrs. Rana walked out of the class a free bird not knowing she had left three girls with thoughts of three different practicing boys. ❤
.
.
.
.
Writer's note: I just wanna say a massive thank you for all the positive vibes I have been receiving. I love you all to bits. Truly. Stay blessed ❤