12

After they had their supper, Ummu Khawla put the triplets to bed and excused herself so that brother and sister could talk.

"You promised me we were never to drift apart. What happened?" Muhammad began the conversation with such pain in his voice it practically shook Khawla.

"That's how you want to start this conversation? With tears in my eyes?" She asked hoping he'd let it go, "Are you spending the night here? Or are you going back to Mrs. Iman?"

"You don't have to be so formal. And neither do I expect you to call her mom but I think she'd really appreciate it if you'd call her Aunt at the very least."

Khawla nodded. Her brother had changed so much over the years. He had grown into a young man who cared about what the people around him felt and what they thought. He looked after his manners the way a business man looked after his assets - with love and care. He had become a hafidh and was currently taking part in street daawah with the hopes of bringing more people to Islam and changing the misconception many had about its laws. Subhanallah! She was truly proud and just the thought of it wet her eyes.

"So its true? You have become as emotional as mom if not more." Muhammad said causing her to chuckle. The love in the room was so suffocating that Ummu Khawla who was passing by just had to stop and stare. Finally her family was back together and she was sure as death that Abu Muhammad would be so happy if he were to see that sight.

"Okay so let's talk university and if you cry to this topic Khawla I will seriously have to ask you to go see a psychologist." She laughed genuinely, for the first time in a very long time.

After establishing the fact that they both wanted to do anything related to health sciences or medicine, Muhammad decided it was about time he let his sister a little bit deeper into his heart. "I'm thinking about asking for a girl's hand in marriage just for officiality then after university In Shaa Allah we'd get married. What do you think? Honestly speaking." He asked as he patiently waited for Khawla to absorb his words.

       ***************************
Khawla's P.O.V:

"I'm thinking about asking for a girl's hand in marriage just for officiality then after university In Shaa Allah we'd get married. What do you think? Honestly speaking." Muhammad's words kept replaying in my mind and all I could think of were all the duahs and swalahs that had been offered in the middle of the night begging Allah (S.W) that Muhammad and Rayhannah were meant to be.

"Do you have a specific girl in mind. If I know her then I could let you know what I think but if I don't then I don't think I'd be able to help. So come on. Tell me her name." I said with my heart beating as fast as it could possibly go.

"Sarah Muhseen," Muhammad said almost uncomfortably.

Sarah Muhsin? As in Sarah the girl in my class that no one likes. The one whose hijab is always on her shoulders and never on her head. The one who has no respect for her elders or anyone really? Subhanallah! Where does that leave my Rayhannah. I was so sure he would love Rayhannah and realize that she is the best person he could possibly match up with. Ya Allah! What was I going to tell Rayhannah? How would I possibly face her?
* Because I know you and I know my brother. He is an amazing person and has grown to be an even better person over the years but I still think if he were to get you as his significant other, he'd be the lucky one.* I remembered my words all too clearly and the guilt started to sink in.

"Khawlaaaaaaa!" Muhammad shouted harshly drifting me from my thoughts, "So? What do you think?"

I could have chosen to be brutally harsh but maybe Allah (S.W) had a reason for all this so I swallowed hard and tried my best to sound as honest as possible ," Umm... She's a good girl. I'm happy for you. Yeeeeey!"

Muhammad burst out laughing, "Could you possibly be any more transparent? I know you are lying! And its not Sarah that I like. But promise me you won't hate me for this and neither will you make it weird for me!"

My heart was swelling with hope as I tried to conceal all the excitement but when he said Rayhannah Ramy Nagib my heart couldn't take it anymore. I jumped on him engulfing him in hugs and kisses as he tried to push me off him.

"Ya Allah! Give me one second." I said as I fixed my hijab and offered Sijdatul Shukr.

"Okay back to you! Anha! So when are we going to Rayhannah's place. Come on! You have to tell me everything. We are twins remember?"

                        *~*

As the night progressed into a darker phase hoping to scare off people into their homes, these two souls stayed up all night talking about everything and anything and finally letting go of the weight that they didn't even know sat on their shoulders. And right above them, for the first time in nine years, Ummu Khawla slept peacefully through it all only awaking when Fajr time had descended on them.

Author's note:

Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatuh. I just wanted to say that I know no Sarah Muhseen and I'm not judging anyone with that behaviour considering we are all human but apart from passing time I want this book to also be a lesson to every and any Muslim lady trying to change. And if any of my readers are offended by this chapter I truly am sorry. Shukraan for your time and Barakallahu Feekum for readinh