16

VERY LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!

After weeks and weeks of planning and buying all sorts of things, Nusaibah's sister Samarah was finally getting married. Every family member from every corner of the world was in the city for the wedding and the three girls were buzzing with excitement as Samarah squirmed in her seat. Yes she loved Shuaib, but this was a huge responsibility she was taking up. From the day he came home to last night, Samarah had a pile of things to do so the gravity of the situation was just starting to kick in. Ummu Nusaibah being the wise woman she was, noticed that so she called the three girls into the room and asked Samarah to sit down and listen to her. Rayhannah, Khawla and Nusaibah were confused as to why they were there but curiosity was literally strangling them so they moved closer to Ummu Nusaibah so that no word would go unheard by them.

"My girls, my beautiful four girls. Oh how you've grown. It was not so long ago that Samarah was leaving for her university and you three were joining high school. Now look, Samarah is almost a Mrs and you lot are heading to university soon In Shaa Allah. Now, not only because of your physical beauty but also because of your stunning characters, boys will start stumbling on our doorsteps asking for your hands in marriage but ladies don't be fooled. Marriage is not an easy task. No matter whom you get married to. Be it the love of your life or a stranger, marriage will always be hard. Especially the first year. You are going to feel so uncomfortable living with someone who most probably has a very different personality compared to yours, Or one who simply just doesn't relate to your way of thinking. But do you know what makes all this easy? Prayer! Getting married is completing half your deen and for that you have to involve Allah in every step. Don't expect your husbands to be princes who never annoy you, or that they should always know what's on your mind, or that they should never be late, or sloppy. Marriage is about accepting each others flaws and falling in love with them. The minute you do that, you will have very long, successful marriages. I promise you. And don't go into the union fearing divorce. Don't even think about it. Don't tell yourself, 'If he doesn't match up to my standards I'll just get a divorce' Never! Never say that. In all our three families there has never been a divorce not because we feared one, but because we'd not reached that point yet. If he does something that really really really irritates you then talk to him, if it doesn't work, tell a parent. And don't forget to pray about it. Marriage is beautiful wallahy my girls. If I could get married to Nusaibah's father all over again I would." At this point, Nusaibah, Rayhannah and Samarah were beyond themselves with tears. But surprisingly, Khawla was A okay!

"I wrote all that! That's why I'm not crying. I'd already drenched hundreds of scripts while writing so you guys go ahead and cry on my behalf." Khawla said as everyone burst out laughing with tears still in their eyes.

"Yallah! Go get ready. Leave Samarah with me." Ummu Nusaibah said as the girls rushed to the room with their garments.

"Are you okay hayaty?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. I'll just miss these dimwits a lot. And you and baba too. Obviously I love Shuaib so much but then I'd never thought of leaving home."

Mother and daughter hugged each other as they let their worries float away. For if they knew how successful Samarah's marriage would turn out, no tear would have been shed that day.

The girls looked amazing in their dresses. Plain and simple long sleeved evening dresses that enhanced their beautiful faces. Rayhannah was in black, Khawla white and Nusaibah peach. They had matching hijabs and shoes. It was not everyday your sister got married.

As they headed downstairs, the Kadhi ( Khawla's uncle) noticed the trio and called them. "Masha Allah! You three look amazing." They all smiled politely as they headed to their seats. Shuaib had insisted on getting Samarah a ring and because of that, the ones who were sent to pick them up were running late. The Kadhi asked us to proceed as we waited for the rings and so Nusaibah's dad, who had been an imam at the city mosque for years, began to recite the Holy Quran in the most beautiful, moving voice ever. The couple was asked to sign the marriage certificate and Samarah was asked if the dowry had been paid and she nodded.

"What was the dowry?" Khawla whispered to Nusaibah praying that no one heard her.

"Shuaib was to distribute mashafs to all the local mosques around the city."
Nusaibah answered barely looking at her as she didn't want to miss anything at all and momentarily, Khawla's heart melted. These were the reasons she still believed in her forever after.

Just then, heavy footsteps were heard running towards the front and as the three girls quickly looked up to see who they were, they fixed there gaze right back on the couple just as fast. Khaleed, Muhammad and Umar! Always causing a distraction everywhere they went. "The rings!" The boys breathed out all at once, making everyone laugh.

"Well, that was quite a showstopper! Thank you boys," the Kadhi said as everyone tried to stop laughing. After the papers had been signed, the Kadhi allocated time for the rings to be exchanged. At this point, Shuaib started sweating. He'd never been that close to a girl before in proximity and the thought of touching Samarah's hand was giving him minor shocks. As Samarah held out her hand to him, everyone awww'd since it was visibly shaking. And the moment Shuaib caught it in midair, he's eyes instatly watered. "It's halaal bro!" A voice was heard from the back as we all burst out laughing. When Samarah gave him his ring, almost immediately the room was filled with 'Mabrouk Alf Mabrouk's and takbirahs. This union was one the whole city was waiting for.

After the food was distributed to everyone, the three girls were given tasks to carry out. And Rayhannah was not so sure whether it was a blessing or a curse, for as she headed to her assigned station (receiving gifts for the couple) she noticed Muhammad in a white kanzu with a nametag just like hers. They were assigned to the same post! She headed to the end of the table but she still felt too close to him.

"Assalamu Aleikum Rayhannah," Muhammad spoke almost immediately, as she took a quick whiff of fresh air.

"Waaleikum Salaam Muhammad," it felt so nice to call him by his name,"quite an entrance you guys pulled off back there." He laughed and at that moment she knew his happiness meant her happiness as her stomach was filled with butterflies.

"Wallahy I have to blame all of that on your brothers. They wanted to be the ones to give Shuaib the rings but I couldn't let that happen now could I?" She shook her head all so seriously and Muhammad had to comment, "Sarcasm looks good on you."

Just then a couple walked up to Muhammad to give him two huge boxes wrapped in the most amazing wrapping paper ever and Rayhannah had to say Alhamdulilah because she had time to fix her face and get rid of the humongous smile on her face.

From across the table, Muhammad whispered, "Rayhannah, please watch my phone and my car keys for me please. I need to show this lovely young boy to the washroom." She nodded as she moved them next to her.

After about three different people came with their presents, Muhammad's phone rang. And Rayhannah quickly stole a glance at the caller ID. 'Hayaty ♥️'. Her heart broke as she struggled to sit down. All this was just Muhammad being nice. He had someone in mind already and although that broke her, him being happy was all that mattered. Just then he came back with the biggest smile on his face that withered the moment he saw Rayhannah distressed.

"Your phone rang by the way." She managed to stammer. And as he looked at his screen it seemed all his breath was kicked out of his body.

"Where's your phone Rayhannah?"

"Khawla has it. Why?"

"Muhammaaaaaaaaad!" An angry Khawla was seen screaming as she headed directly to her brother," where's your phone. I've been calling you using Rayhannah's phone and you couldn't pick up?"

And all of it finally made sense to her. She was his hayaty. He felt the same way! And if she thought she couldn't grow any more red, she was wrong. So she placed her head on the table and whispered "Alhamdulilah thumma Alhamdulilah"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I was not supposed to update this soon but today was a good day. So there goes. And by the way a kanzu is like a robe that Muslim men wear. I didn't know it's corresponding word in English 🙈