48

"Theeeee wheels on the bus go round and round, Round and round, round and round, The wheels on the bus go round and round, All through the town. *Roll hands over each other* The wipers on the bus go "Swish, swish, swish, Swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish "The wipers on the bus go "Swish, swish, swish" All through the town *Put arms together in front of you and 'swish' like windshield wipers* The door on the bus goes open and shut Open and shut, open and shut The door on the bus goes open and shutAll through the town. *Cover eyes with hands on 'shut' and uncover them on 'open'* The horn on the bus goes "Beep, beep, beepBeep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep "The horn on the bus goes "Beep, beep, beep "All through the town.*Pretend to honk horn* The gas on the bus goes "Glunk, glunk, glunk, Glunk, glunk, glunk, glunk, glunk, glunk" The gas on the bus goes "Glunk, glunk, glunk"All through the town. *Pretend to fill tank using pointer finger as gas nozzle* The money on the bus goes "Clink, clink, clink, Clink, clink, clink, clink, clink, clink" The money on the bus goes "Clink, clink, clink" All through the town. *Pretend to put money in cash box on bus* The baby on the bus says, "Wah, wah, wah! Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah!"The baby on the bus says, "Wah, wah, wah! "All through the town. *Fisted hands in front of eyes and rub them like baby crying* The people on the bus say, "Shh, shh, shh,Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, shh"The people on the bus say, "Shh, shh, shh" All through the town. *Put pointer finger to mouth to 'shhh'* The mommy on the bus says, "I love you, I love you, I love you "The daddy on the bus says, "I love you, too" All through the town. *Point to self on 'I', right hand over heart on 'love', and point to another on 'you'*"

Nusaibah fell on the floor as she and kids finished singing their umpteenth song. It was time for tea and as all the kids left, Salem stayed behind and nudged himself closer to her.

"What do you want me to bring you when I come back next time?"

"Come back? You are coming back?" Salem asked all enthusiastic.

"Yeah. Why would I not?"

"No one ever does, well except Mr. Faiz!" He said as tears lingered in his eyes.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, my little one! I will come back here tomorrow itself. Cross my heart and hope die."
Nusaibah hugged Salem close to suffocation but he didn't mind. She was his first true friend.

"Saleeeeeeeeeeeem, your tea is getting cold." The matron called out.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"With chocolate please!"

"Definitely! What brand?"

"Any would do. I don't really have a favorite."

"Okay bye Habib!"

"Byeeee!" He waved as he ran into the dining room.

The room still smelt of children and Nusaibah sank in the scent. She remembered jumping up and down singing songs she had no idea she still knew. The kids were definitely lonely for their faces had stayed lit through out the whole session. It was as though one simple song singing moment was all they needed to touch a corner of paradise.

Her heart had been stitched to Salem though. The way he jumped onto her at the gate. And made sure she knew that he was hafidh.

"Read any ayah!" He challenged.
"I promise you I can complete it!"

And that simple sentence resulted into everyone reciting Sura Yaseen. Nusaibah knew where she would be spending all her days before she was admitted into University - With Salem. What she didn't know was that Allah had a different plan.