School Duel and Swimming

yoyoyo imma make a duel thingy for school. it's gone be lit. btw if you wanna talk to me or something just message me. I like talking to ppl :)

~Alex

Christmas Break was over, and everyone was at Hogwarts for another couple months, until they graduated. The whole group was sitting at their usual tables, ready for Minerva to make her dinner speech. She stood up, and collected the room.

"Thank you, students, for coming back for another year. I hope you had a fun Christmas Break, and you are prepared for your end of the year terms. In light of the ending of the war, I would like to hold a contest and a ball. You will have all this week to train your wand and reflexes. I am holding a mass duel for everyone 5th year and above." She said. Everyone was shocked. It sounded so cool.

"I am going to split up everyone into two groups by random. You will be required as your Defense Against the Dark Arts exam, to participate in the duel. Your teacher will grade you on how well you use the spells you've learned this year. It will be a rogue duel. You fire spells as fast as you can to defeat your opponent, no matter who they are. I have decided to make this have some incentive, so the top five fighters will duel each other, to win the house cup. After we are done, I will hold a ball for all the contestants. Everyone had such a tough year last year, and I want you to have some fun as well. This is not a duel to the death. You will know what group you are in come the day of the duels." Minerva concluded. She sat back down, and food appeared on the tables.

Ron immediately dug in. Everyone else was processing what Minerva said.

"A duel?!" Hermione exclaimed. Everyone was really excited.

"This'll be great. A duel where no one gets seriously hurt. It'll be so fun." Harry cheered. Ron nodded, but didn't speak.

"I don't know. I'm not one for duels." Neville said nervously.

"You'll be fine. You did great during the battle. Just keep a calm head." Luna advised Neville.

"I guess it'll be fine. It's for a grade, so I guess you can't get out of it." Draco said. He wasn't much for dueling. When he was a kid, sure, but now, not so much.

"You'll do great, Draco. Don't worry." Harry assured him. Everyone ate and chatted about the duel, and headed to bed.

The next morning, everyone woke up early to start training. Minerva stopped all classes for 5th years and up, for the whole week, and students could practice whenever and however they wanted. Harry, Draco, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Luna headed to the Room of Requirement early so they could keep it to themselves. Harry thought about a battle arena, and opened the door.

Inside looked like a war aftermath. It was a small town, with rubble everywhere, concrete pulled out of the ground, debris everywhere. They all walked in and locked the door.

"This is perfect!" Harry exclaimed. It looked so cool. "We should start practicing. How about we battle each other in groups of three. Group one will find a hiding place, while group two goes to the opposite side of the room, and waits for fire. Use any spells you want, as long as they are not physically harmful. And definitely no forbidden curses. Alright, I'll take Luna and Draco." Harry called. That left Neville, Hermione, and Ron to their own group. The groups split apart from each other, and found their attack positions.

"Ready! Set! Fire!" Harry yelled. His group immediately started to regroup, and find pieces of rubble to fire from. Harry started a dead sprint towards the opposing group, then hid behind a piece of concrete. He waited for Draco and Luna to lure them out, so he could hit them with some hexes. Neville popped up first, and Harry shot him with a leg lock hex, which made him fall over. Hermione popped out after, and she shot a Confucious spell at Draco as he popped up. He was disoriented, and didn't move. Harry shot Draco with a gust of wind that made him fall down so he wasn't in view.