Animagus

It's been a week since Draco, Hermione, and Ron started to become animagus. Tonight was the night they tested out their transformation. Everyone stayed in Harry and Draco's dorm since they had the most room. With one of the beds removed, there was plenty of room for everyone.

"Alright, so how do we do this?" Ron asked. Everyone was sitting down in a circle.

"Supposedly, if we focus very hard on turning into an animal, we will turn. We were supposed to see a behavior change this past week. It's supposed to resemble a certain animal." Hermione said. She had the book open, and tried to make sense of it. It was vague.

"Well I've felt a bit more protective, I guess." Draco said. Harry agreed.

"You have been very clingy, but I like it." Harry said.

"I've felt a bit attracted to Quiditch. More so the act of flying." Hermione said.

"I didn't feel any different. I've been hanging out with you a lot more, if that's anything." Ron added.

"Well, I think we should try, and turn into something." Draco said. Harry watched as everyone closed their eyes, and concentrated. They sat there for a couple moments, and then Harry saw something. Hermione was almost shrinking into herself, Draco was sprouting fur everywhere, and so was Ron. Harry watched as they each turned into animals.

Draco opened his eyes, and looked at where Hermione and Ron sat. Instead, he saw an Owl, and a Dog. Draco looked down, and saw white paws. Hermione opened her eyes as well, and saw a white cat, and a copper coloured dog tower over her. She lifted a leg, and saw talons. Ron opened his eyes, and saw a white cat and a brown barn owl. He stood up, and saw copper fur paws.

Harry watched in amazement. Where his friends originally sat, were three pets; a white cat, a brown owl, and a copper dog.  Harry busted out laughing, and he rolled around on the floor.

"You look so cute!" Harry laughed. Draco and Ron walked over to a body mirror, and looked at themselves. Hermione kind of just hopped to the mirror. She didn't know how to fly.

"Holy shit, I'm a cat!" Exclaimed Draco. Ron and Hermione understood him, but Harry just heard a meow.

"We can understand each other? This is amazing!" Ron exclaimed happily. Harry only heard a bark. He tried to hush him.

"Ron, be quiet! You don't want anyone to hear you. People will ask why there was a dog in the room." Hermione scolded him. She read in the book that they couldn't speak to humans.

Harry sat down next to them, and got their attention.

"Draco, Hermione, Ron. Be quiet. People are going to hear you screeching and barking." Harry told them. Draco looked at Harry, and nodded his head. He walked around a bit. He was able to gracefully jump onto the bed. Ron of course, being as excitable as he can be, started wagging his tail, and he scrambled onto the bed. He nearly knocked Draco of the bed. Hermione kind of just stood there, and flapped her wings cautiously.

"Can you fly?" Harry asked her. She shook her head. She flapped her wings, but she only hovered into the air for a moment. Harry moved over to the side.

"Try taking a running head start." He told her. Hermione backed up, and spread her wings. She started to run, then she jumped, and flapped her wings. She was airborne. She flew around Harry's room, and perched herself on the headboard.

"Let's try to change back." Draco told them. Everyone thought of their image, and Harry watched as his friends turned back to normal. Draco and Ron were sitting on the bed, and Hermione was sitting on the headboard. They all got down, and laughed.

"That was amazing! I can't believe we did it." Ron exclaimed happily. Harry laughed.

"We're lucky we didn't get stuck mid transformation." Hermione commented. Draco agreed.

"I feel so sassy when I walk." Draco added, smiling.

"Is it really that fun?" Harry asked. They nodded their heads. "You're lucky. I can't control it. It would be fun to be an animagus with you." Harry said.

"I'm sorry. There's just no way for you to keep the leaf in your mouth for an entire month. You'll always miss that one day." Ron said. Hermione looked through Draco's bookshelf, and grabbed a book. She sat on their bed, and looked through it. She got to the Lycanthropy page, and found what she needed.

"We might be wrong." She said. "If we lock him in a room with no windows or light, then we can delay the transformation by a couple of hours. As long as we take the leaf out after midnight, he'll be alright to transform the next week." Hermione added excitedly. She looked over to Harry. "What do you think? When the month is over, you can try it out. We can lock you up in the bathroom. There's no windows or light. We will be safe in our animagus form. And when you fall asleep, we can remove the leaf from your mouth, and bottle it." Hermione planned out. Harry was hopeful.

"I'll do it. But are you sure you'll be safe?" Harry asked. Hermione nodded.

"Positive."

Harry laughed. "Then I'll do it. We can start at the end of the month." He decided. Draco hugged him.

"Great!" He exclaimed. They said their goodnights, and everyone went to their own dorms. Harry and Draco got dressed in pajamas, and crawled in bed. Draco spooned Harry.

"Goodnight, love." Draco said.

"Goodnight. I love you." Harry said.

yo I love this. its gon be cute. they'll flock in a meadow or some shit.

~Alex