Prologue

Author's NOTE:
     Hello all! I want to say thank you for all the support that has led to a Book 3 being written. I never expected to get past Book 1, yet here we are. Book 1 hit 5.4K reads and Book 2 hit 1.8K. WOW!!!!! Thank you ever so much! I would like to say that since I'm writing a Book 3, I know that there will be a Book 4. BUT, I will not be posting Book 4 unless I get 200 votes total for both Book 2 and Book 3. I know, I know. I shouldn't ask that, but I'm going to. Sorry dears.
    So read, vote, comment with suggestions or just to say what you think I suppose. Also if you haven't already read it, there is a one shot of sorts of Katherine's childhood. 'Memories of Katherine's Childhood' So be sure to check that out for a short read if you get bored waiting on the next chapter to be uploaded. Again thank you for all the support and before I forget, this Prologue is dedicated to the readers that said they wanted a Book 3. So, 
mdhunter97 , emilyyalex , and Bellsryre , this is for you. Enjoy!
                      Much love,
                                           Jane :)

(Half-Blood Prince: Year)

Prologue:
Kat's POV:

I arrived at Vik's house last night and got settled before I went to bed with a case of the nerves, rather than just the dull aching pain in my chest. When I woke up this morning I gave myself a cheering charm, before I grabbed a quick breakfast and made my way to the Magical Beasts Sanctuary and Hospital. I was greeted by a very friendly witch in the reception hall and lead back here to one of the offices where I've been waiting since.

I hear footsteps coming down the hall and I tune in my hearing as I hear two voices headed my way as well. I take a deep breath, thankful that the full moon is another week away so I don't look that bad, just as two men walk in. Well I say two men, but one looks only a year or two older than me.

"Eh, who are you?" (Marcus)

"Katherine Harrison, the new intern for the summer. I was told you would be expecting me today." (K)

"Ah yes! So you're Katherine are you? Well I'm Rolf Scamander and this is my friend and colleague Marcus Maddox" (Rolf)

"Scamander? As in Newt Scamander?" (K)

"The one and only. I believe our grandparents knew each other but rather briefly I would say." (R)

"Yeah, and I don't think either really enjoyed the time spent together huh?" (K)

"Most definitely not. Well let's show you around shall we? I'll introduce you to Biscuit too if you like." (R)

"What sort of creature is Biscuit?" (K)

"Don't tell me you're scared? I thought vampires aren't supposed to be scared of anything." (R)

I find myself freezing for a moment, wondering how he knew, even if he is off a bit. I'm not a vampire. Though I'm just as much a monster as vampire could be I suppose. I watch as Rolf, with the grin that's he had on his face the entire time is still looking at me waiting for an answer or response. So I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"What?" (K)

"Oh, sorry I meant half-vamp of course. We was told by a professor that it made your senses heightened and it would be an asset in certain cases. We couldn't agree more." (R)

"Oh, umm thanks I guess." (K)

"Not a problem. Now let's show you around and introduce you to Biscuit, who by the way is my new little baby Crup I just got. Late birthday present you could say." (R)

"A Crup?" (K)

"Yes indeed. After you my lady." (R)

I feel myself smile the smallest smile possible, but what's important is that it's the most genuine thing to a smile that I've had in a few weeks. I think this internship will be just what I need to heal some. I suppose I could classify myself as a magical beast, then maybe I'll really be able to heal my broken heart this summer.

I follow Rolf out into the hallway and into the first containment or medical rooms as he calls it. The more he shows me and explains to me what my duties will be, the more excited I become for this summer. Maybe.....just maybe I'll be able to move on and stop missing him so much.

George's POV:

I can't stop thinking of her. We had our grand opening of the joke shop a few days ago, but I wasn't a lot of help in the store because every girl that I saw from behind with brown curly hair distracted me. I don't know why but I thought maybe, just maybe she would have come to the grand opening. I know Fred sent her an invitation and those were coveted by many since we only let in 200 people on opening day.

I don't know, maybe I'm just fooling myself. I know the relationship is technically over, but I can't help but think that somehow we'll get back together. Somehow we'll make this work. I miss her. I only wonder if she still misses me or if she's already moved on.