Chapter 16

Kat's POV:

He was walking me home, or what he thought was my home. Really it was the checkpoint that the Order made for me for moments like this. It wasn't guarded very well, they didn't want Death Eaters to get suspicious about why I would be worried if I was supportive of their cause. Thorfinn still had my hand in his when we got to the front door.

"Are you going to invite me in?" (T)

"My grandfather might wake up, and a curse from him right now would not suit your handsome face. Next time?" (K)

"Of course. I had fun tonight Verity." (T)

"What did you mean when you said you'd be sorry to see the night end?" (K)

"I'm going away for a few days. The Dark Lord has business for a few of us to attend to." (T)

"I don't suppose you can tell me any more than that." (K)

"I'm afraid not. I don't even know that much about it, just that I'll be in the Northern part of England. I do know that the Dark Lord is still looking for the dhampir that was at the ministry last spring. He wants to add her to his list of allies if he can." (T)

"And if she is unpersuadable?" (K)

"I suppose he'll kill her, maybe have some fun first. Depends on the mood he's in." (T)

I nod a bit, while trying to smile and not pass out. Thorfinn smiles back as he brushes some of my hair off my face and behind my ear. I know what's coming next and I know I can't stop it if I want to stay undercover. He leans forward and I close my eyes a moment before his lips touch mine. His scent of spearmint surrounds me, and his kiss isn't that bad, but the fact that it isn't George's kiss is what makes me want to vomit.

I feel him wrap his hands in my hair and I force mine to move around his neck as he pulls me closer to him. After a few seconds, he pulls away with a small grin on his face. A grin that I'm almost sure every guy gets when he kisses the girl he likes. I force myself to return the grin as I look at him. He isn't all that bad, and if he wasn't a Death Eater I have a few students in mind that he would be perfect for. It's just the whole Death Eater thing that's a bit of a problem.

"You won't forget me now will you luv?" (T)

"Of course not, not after that kiss." (K)

"Good, cause I'm expecting another date when I get back. I'll find you when I can. Goodnight Miss Verity Charm." (T)

"Goodnight Mister Thorffin Rowle." (K)

I watch as he walks down the stairs before turning back to me and bowing, disapparating after giving me a final wink. I keep the smile on my face in case anyone is watching and then enter the house. I do a quick check to make sure no one else is in the house before I disapparate straight to the loft where I'm sure Fred is still waiting.

I arrive in the living room with a pop noise, and I'm happy to find that Fred added me to the allowable guests to the security list. The only reason I know he did is the alarms didn't go off. I was about to knock on his door when his snoring and his scent coming from the couch catch my attention. Oh I wish I had a camera right now. The poor dear is asleep on the couch, with his mouth wide open and a bit of drool hanging down on his chin. I suppose I should wake him up Weasley style.

Fred's POV:

I was dreaming of a chocolate waterfall and endless amounts of butterbeer when I was splashed in the face with cold water....and ice cubes. I jump up from the couch to find Kat, still looking like Verity, holding a glass and covering her mouth as she laughed. I tried to glare at her but ended up joining her after she cast a drying charm over me.

"So how was your date? Kiss goodnight and everything? Hahah." (F)

I watch as her face pales a bit and she vamps out, only to un-vamp as Kat. Then without saying a word she goes into the bathroom and summons a toothbrush and begins brushing her teeth, tongue, and lips. She does this for about five minutes before she seems satisfied, then I realize that she did apparently kiss him goodnight.

"So....." (F)

"He's a Death Eater. Thorfinn Rowle. 22, new follower. Asked me out a few days ago, I was instructed to go." (K)

"And?" (F)

"I had to dance with him. I had to talk with him and listen to jokes made about Muggles and Muggle-borns, and half-breeds being put in their proper places. I had to.......I had to let him kiss me before he left to help the 'Dark Lord' no doubt kill and murder innocent people. All while telling me that the Dark Lord was still on the look-out for the dhampir that was at the ministry last spring. That's AND. Happy?" (K)

I watched as she started crying mid-way through her, well rant, and then watched as she collapsed onto the floor crying. George and I both knew that there were people looking for Kat but we didn't know it was who-you-know directly. I go over to Kat and lift her up, and sit next to her on the sofa as I rub circles onto her back and try to comfort her, though I wish Georgke was in here. He would know what to say to her better than I ever will.

"When our song came on tonight and I had to dance with Thorfinn, I thought I would throw up. And his kiss, I felt my heart screaming at me in pain to stop to just tell Dumbledore I can't do it anymore." (K)

"Kat, why don't you?" (F)

"Because I will not let either of you do what I'm doing. I would rather die than let y'all be in danger. The Weasleys are no better than blood-traitors to many Death Eaters. They would sooner kill you than look at you. I won't allow that.' (K)

"Then, I think you need to tell George what's going on. He broke down in tears tonight because your song came on. Not because he recognized you or anything." (F)

"He.....he did?" (K)

"Ah bloody hell, can't you see how much he loves you and misses you still?" (F)

"I have to hear it from him Fred, otherwise it doesn't matter. I....I have to go. Scar is waiting up for me no doubt pacing the floor with Moonlight." (K)

"Don't forget about what I said. Night Kat." (F)

"Night Freddie and thanks." (K)

I watch as she gives me a small smile that looks as forced and fake as most of the ones that George gives nowadays before disapparating home. I need to get George to write that girl a letter and soon. They're both going insane and depressed without each other, and they're beginning to take me with them. I shake my head a bit as I stand up and go into my room to bed. Looks like we might be opening an hour or two late in the morning, especially since it's way past three in the morning now.