Chapter 10

Kat's POV:

"So Hermione's here?" (H)

I watch as Crookshanks sits in Harry's lap as Mrs. Weasley tells him everyone is asleep in bed. Though even I'm a bit surprised, I didn't know Hermione was here already as well. I somehow tuned the conversation out a bit, even as I saw Mrs. Weasley looking at the clock. Then I see his face, along with all the other Weasleys, pointing towards the symbol that says 'mortal peril.' I feel my face pale a bit at the thought of them, all of us, being in mortal peril. Before I know it Mr. Weasley walks into the kitchen and sits down to have a cup of soup with Harry.

"Harry! We didn't expect you until morning! And Katherine, good to see you my dear." (Mr. W)

"Same to you Mr. Weasley, though I believe I should be getting back now. I have to prepare for my trip." (K)

"Oh no dear please, won't you at least stay the night?" (Mrs. W)

"Oh I couldn't Mrs. Weasley." (K)

"Of course you can, if Harry doesn't mind sharing the room with you. I know everyone would love seeing you before you left." (Mrs. W)

"Al-alright. If you insist." (K)

"Good, now bed. I've got Fred and George's room all ready for you, you'll have it yourselves." (Mrs. W)

"Why, where are they?" (H)

"Oh, they're in Diagon Alley, sleeping in the little flat over their joke shop as they're so busy." (Mrs. W)

I can't allow myself to listen to anymore as she talks of them. Soon Harry and I wish her a goodnight as we head up the stairs to their room. I walk in and I'm attacked by his scent that still lingers in the room. I walk to the bed on the left, knowing without a doubt it was his, while Harry takes the bed on the right.

"So Kat, how was your internship?" (H)

"It was great, honestly best summer I've probably ever had. Vik sends his hellos, as does a new friend Rolf Scamander."

"Scamander? Like Newt Scamander?" (H)

"Yeah his grandson. But enough about my summer, how was yours? And be honest, I'd hate to have to enter your mind." (K)

"Rough. I feel like you know about the prophecy and what it says though? I don't know why I feel that way, I just do." (H)

"I know what it said, and I have faith in you Harry Potter." (K)

I watch as he nods and we both lie down, as he takes off his glasses and puts them on the side table. I listen to his heart beat slow, as I breath in George's scent from the pillow he left behind. I feel tears grow in my eyes as I begin to fall asleep, and though I would never admit it I'm falling into the best night's sleep I've had all summer.

*****************Early morning before Sunrise*****************

I woke up an hour before sunrise and quietly left the room with Harry still sleeping. I headed down to the kitchen to find Mrs. Weasley talking with, well Fleur from the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Well alright then, looks like her relationship with Bill is going very well then. Ah yes, I spot a ring so apparently it is.

I feel my heart ache knowing that I would still be engaged to George if things had gone differently. As Fleur walks up and we're properly introduced I force myself to smile and engage in small chat of some sort. She excuses herself for a moment and walks upstairs and I find myself watching Mrs. Weasley who's now muttering under breath. I know I shouldn't but I can't help the giggle that escapes my mouth as she says 'wouldn't know a good English breakfast if it bit her in the arse.'