Chapter 30

Fred's POV:

"What do you mean you thought she was dead but she turned up and she isn't dead after all?!? And why wasn't I, her best friend, contacted when she went missing in the first place you foul-breathed, troll brain, baboon butthead!!" (S)

I didn't know how to respond to Scar's yelling, and Donovan her apparent husband for the past six months was just standing behind her with a slight smile on his face. I wouldn't yell at me if I was Scar, especially since whenever Kat is better she'll be yelling at Scar ten-fold for keeping their marriage a secret.

"WELL?!?" (S)

"We weren't sure how to safely contact you. Please don't yell again! Scar, we should all just be thankful she's alive. Barely for right now, but alive. Now mum and I are going to Hogwarts today to visit her, do you want to come? Or would you rather think of creative insults to yell at me?" (F)

I watch as Donovan gives me a little grin, as Scar turns around at him and glares a bit before she lets out a soft laugh. I'm beginning to get worried about Scar, her emotions are changing a bit quicker than usual. I see him look at her stomach and then back up at her with a questioning look, but she only waves him off.

"I'll be fine Donovan, go on to work." (S)

"Very vell my sweetheart. Ve safe." (D)

Scar waves goodbye to him after a brief kiss, and he leaves the Burrow apparating to his job at the ministry I suppose. I look at Scar who is looking intently at the pictures of the family on the wall with a smile on her face, and her hand on her stomach. A few seconds later all the pieces click into place.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!" (F)

"Shut up! We aren't telling everyone yet. I was going to tell Kat first but.....Kat doesn't even know yet." (S)

"Well which will you tell her first, the marriage or the baby? Cause she'll be mad that she didn't know about either one immediately, you know that right?" (F)

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, imagine how mad Viktor will be at y'all when he finds out verthting that's happened and you never told him. Hello Mrs. Weasley. Fred said I could come along today if that's alright with you." (S)

I watched with amazement as Scar changed facial expressions from one of annoyance mixed with smugness towards me to warmth and happiness towards mum in less than a second. That was real magic that was, or maybe it's a pregnant thing, either way it was kind of scary how quickly she composed herself around mum.

Though her reminding me that Krum will be no less pleased with George and I once he finds out, than Kat will be with Scar, does worry me just a bit. I still can't wait to see Kat's face when Scar tells her that news, and the news of the marriage. Kat is going to flip out, maybe even more than Krum will.

"Oh hello Scarlett dear, of course you can. George stayed the night with her last night and hasn't come home yet. So we're taking him a fresh set of clothes." (Mrs. W)

"I've got some for Kat, Fred's owl got me just in time before I left for work. I called in sick for the day." (S)

"Ah good then, well let's go. Dumbledore is expecting us in his office in just a few moments." (Mrs. W)

Scar's POV:

We arrived at Hogwarts via floo powder in Dumbledore's office. He of course somehow knew about my marriage and my pregnancy, though he just asked how we were doing and didn't say anything too specific around Mrs. Weasley. So, that was nice of him I guess. I have the idea that Mrs. Weasley wouldn't exactly approve of me getting married and having kids so young. I won't lie, the kid part is a surprise even to us but the marriage part shouldn't surprise anyone. Lots of people are getting married nowadays, mostly due to the panic that they might not be able to later due to Voldemort.

I walked down the hallway next to Fred, while Mrs. Weasley and Dumbledore walked ahead and spoke in whispers. Times like these I wish I had Kat's hearing because whispering only seems to irritate me more than usual. Wonder if it's the pregnancy hormones. I'm stopped mid-thought as we arrive at the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey meets us at the door.

"How is she Poppy?" (Mrs. W)

"She's not out of danger yet I'm afraid, but she's a fighter that's to be sure." (M.P)

She motions us to follow her inside and Dumbledore nods to us before disappearing back down the hall. I walk in, half-expecting Kat to be sitting up as if nothing is really wrong with her, but what I find is the exact opposite. What I find is an unconscious vamped out Kat with a sleep-deprived, worried George holding her hand in the chair next to her bed.

Her face and arms and neck are littered with bruises that are black and blue in color, along with cuts that are scattered across her body. I'm frozen with tears forming in my eyes as I stare at her from the foot of the bed, while Fred walks over to George making him jump slightly when he touches his shoulder.

"Didn't hear you all come in." (G)

"How is she doing mate?" (F)

"Madame Pomfrey said earlier this morning, or late last night I suppose that her body was trying to heal itself but it was stretched too thin. So, it's starting to shut down. We're trying to stop it. We've been giving her potions every hour, along with blood, and it seems to be doing her a bit of good. She's been shaking every once and while but not as much as she was during the night and earlier this morning." (G)

"Oh Kat, I swear I'll kill whoever did this to you." (S)

"Get in line Scar, you're a bit late to be calling dibs on her torturer." (G)

"Too true mate. Too true." (F)

I pulled up another chair just as Mrs. Weasley walked over to us and sat on the bed across from Kat and George. Fred pulls up a chair next to George and we all find ourselves stuck in silence as we stare at Kat and listen to her struggle for breath and fight for her life.