Chapter 47

Kat's POV:

************FEW DAYS AFTER THE FUNERAL*********************

I had sent Moonlight to the Burrow earlier in the day, and Ginny was only too willing to watch her for me. I had also sent my parents a letter with the plan that George and I had made a few days ago. My mother's reaction was the complete opposite of my father's, but it was to be expected. My mother was so happy her handwriting could barely be read, while my father seemed to be a little less pleased with the plan. It wasn't the fact that it was George, rather I think it was the fact that he realized that I had finished my childhood without them and had become a woman.

I can only imagine what Mrs. Weasley's reaction will be to our news. The boys helped me shove all the remaining trunks through the floo system. Then they took one last look at the bare storeroom before casting as many magical charms and shields as the three of us could think of. The day of moving away from Diagon Alley had finally come, and we were officially moving into the Burrow. I'm given a soft nudge from George as I tear my gaze away from the dismal alley street outside the window.

I take the handful of powder he's offering me, before stepping into the flames and arriving at the Burrow. I'm pulled directly into a hug by Mrs. Weasley as I step from the flames, and then another one from Mr. Weasely. I brush some of the soot off, careful not to spread it all around the kitchen, watching as Fred and George both step through the flames being pulled into equally choking hugs from Mrs. Weasley.

George finally pulls himself away, shaking hands with his dad, before walking over to stand next to me. I wrap my arm around his waist as he wraps one around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him as he does. I watch a smile cover his face, and though I'm nervous about their reactions one starts to grow on my face as well.

"Mum, dad. Katherine and I have some unexpected news." (G)

I watch as his mum gets wide-eyed as she looks at the both of us, casting a glance at my stomach and I feel my face blush crimson as I realize what she thinks this news is. I can only imagine that Scar having a kid recently has not helped her imagination with what our news is. I hit George in the shoulder as he keeps up his pause, all while Fred smirks next to us. I aim a swift punch at his arm, before turning to Mrs. Weasley.

"Not that kind of news Mrs. Weasley! George and I decided to move up the wedding date. We're getting married in three weeks. We were hoping you all would come with us, back to Lousinana, for the wedding." (K)

"Three-three weeks? Louisiana? Why move it up at all dears, shouldn't you wait?!? You're both so young!" (Mrs. W)

"We've already set the date and sent invitations to the few friends we're inviting, as well as assistance with travel. Nothing is certain right now in the world we live in, nothing but our love for one another. We hope that you'll understand our reasoning for it." (K)

I watch as she goes to say something but Mr. Weasley lays a hand on her shoulder and offers her a small smile, and I know that they married fairly quickly after school because of the same threat that looms over us now. She seems to remember it too as she looks at us both before smiling with tears in her eyes.

"My little Georgie, married to a fine young witch. I'm so proud, and I'll help with anything you need dear." (Mrs. W)

"Thank you, thank you so much this means the world to us. I think all I need right now is to lie down for a bit though, moon-phase tonight." (K)

She nods her head, still with a smile and tears in her eyes as I leave the kitchen with George following behind me. I walk up the familiar stairs, into his room, where his mum already put sheets on the bed. I smile some as I collapse onto the bed, with him following after me. I snuggle into his chest as I realize that his mum took it a lot better than my daddy, not to mention how my momma probably first reacted.

The fact that I'm sent them a letter through owl post will not help my case much when I arrive home and have to explain exactly why we wanted to do this. They know a bit about what is going on here, but I haven't dared tell them what part I've been playing in it. Xander knows, but he's the only one other in the family other than Vik that knows. She is going to be freaking out about the wedding enough as it is. But she does adore George so I won't have to explain too much. I hope.

"Katherine?" (G)

"Hmmm?" (K)

"This is what you want too right?" (G)

I hear the concern in his voice and the flutter of his heart as he asks me the same question he's been asking for days now. I pull away from my comfy position on his chest and look into his eyes. Melted chocolate, that's the color they remind me of. I smile as I stare into them, and watch as the smile is slowly returned by him.

"All I know for certain is that I love you. That I want to spend the rest of my life with you, have lots of kids, lots of pets, cause lots of mischief, and show lots of love to you." (K)

"Merlin's beard I'm going to miss you next year." (G)

"Shhhhh......let's not think about that yet. Let's just enjoy the here and now." (K)

He gives me a grin as he pulls me closer to his chest and starts 'snogging' me as he would say. I smile in the kisses and feel his hand run through my curls. Marrying him this summer, that is what I want. I can only hope my momma and daddy won't lose their minds at having to give away their only child sooner than they were thinking. That is not a conversation that I will miss having at all.