Chapter 48 (Bonus Chapter)

George's POV:

"Mate, you're going to wear a path in the grass if you keep that up." (F)

"Shut it Fred." (G)

I hear him and Lee laugh at me a bit as I keep up my pacing underneath the groom's tent. Today is the day. The day that my dreams of being able to claim Kitty as mine forever come true. We all arrived in Louisiana at the beginning of the week, and now we're here. The wedding was happening on her parent's estate, the same estate that made me wonder just how wealthy she and her family actually was. It made my parents wonder too, though they would die before they ever asked such a question.

I hear the music start and I know that Ron, Xander, Robert, Luther, and the rest of Kitty's cousins are seating the guests now. I take in a deep breath as I grab my knees. Merlin's beard please don't let me vomit before my wedding. I hear Lee and Fred laugh a bit behind their hands, and I'm thankful that Krum doesn't join in with them. Bill comes in and says it's time for us to walk out. I watch as they go with Fred, my best man, standing next to me for a moment.

"George, calm down mate. Just think of it as another day of seeing her. And for Merlin's sake breath." (F)

I can't help the small smile that spreads on my face as I give a shaky nod of my head. I watch him walk out and then wait for my signal, following behind him. I shake hands with the minister as I turn and watch the flower girl, a friend of the family's daughter walk down the aisle. Next comes Angelina and Alicia, Ginny and finally Scarlett as the Maid of Honor. I listen to the music change and briefly hear everyone stand up from their seats as an angel makes her way down the aisle.

Kat's POV:

"I don't think I can do this." (K)

"Uh Kat, it's a little late to back out now don't you think." (Ang.)

"It's just nerves Kat, I was the same way before I married Donovan." (S)

I keep pacing in my dress and heels, practically carving a path in the green grass. I had to hand my bouquet to Angelina to hold because I was clenching the stems so hard they were threatening to break apart. Ginny's told me that if I mess up my hair one more time she won't fix it for me again. I hear the music start to play and I swear I feel my stomach flip over. I watch as my flower girl Alice, heads toward the aisle followed by Angelina after she hands me my bouquet.

Alicia sends me a soft smile, telling me everything will be fine, before she follows after Angelina. Ginny shoots me a quick smile and a wink before walking out next as my breathing seems to increase. I feel Scar gently squeeze my shoulder, pulling my attention away from the fleeting number of bridesmaids leaving the tent. I look at Scar and see that she's smiling softly at me.

"Kat, do you love him?" (S)

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do!" (K)

"Well then, you have nothing to worry about." (S)

I realize that she's right, but my nerves are still determined to overreact. I give her a gentle hug as she heads for the entrance of the tent, watching her leave just as my daddy walks in. I see him smile at me with tears in his eyes and I realize how the years have aged him. His dark brown hair is now peppered with gray, and his eyes have wrinkles showing the world his experience. I feel tears grow in my eyes as we look at each other.

"Now, now Katherine my dear. Mustn't cry now, today is a happy day for you. It's only a sad day for me and your mother. I never thought this day would come so soon, but I'm happy you've found the man meant for you." (dad)