Chapter 4

Kat's POV:

I stand with the rest though I have no intention of leaving yet. I give Remus a hug who returns it best he can, before giving me a slight smile and flooing back home. I know that his job is worse than mine, going underground to live with other werewolves, but I doubt he envies mine at all either.

Mad-Eye gives me a grunt and a nod before he leaves through the fireplace after Remus. Mrs. Weasley is the last to leave other than Snape and Dumbledore. She pulls me into another tight hug before she whispers into my ear in a worried and motherly sounding voice.

"Dear, please be careful. I can't think what we would do if something happened to you. And please dear, visit the burrow before school starts if you can. Everyone's missing you." (Mrs. W)

"I know Mrs. Weasley and I will try." (K)

I watch her floo home to the Burrow, after she released me from the death hug, before I turn back to Snape and Dumbledore who are both watching me rather closely. I have an idea that Snape already knows about the poison coursing through Dumbledore's body. Hell, he probably helped slow it down. But I still need to know how long he will have.

"How long?" (K)

"Less than a year." (D)

I nod slowly as I realize that Dumbledore's time with us is shorter than we need to defeat Voldemort easily. It also means that he will be laying the path for Harry to defeat to this year. I only hope that he is ready. My thoughts of Harry remind me of that night of conversation I had with Dumbledore last year, when he asked Scar and I to keep an eye on things within the school for the Order. I find no other choice but to question him about it now.

"And our conversation last year?" (K)

"Yes, I'm afraid so." (D)

"Should I be concerned about how much Harrison knows?" (S)

"I know basically everything Snape, so I don't know, should you be concerned?" (K)

Flashback to Last Year

"So my dear, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" (D)

"Harry's scent isn't right. Everyone has a singular scent that belongs to him, even if it has multiple layers to it, it's just one scent. But Harry, depending on his mood, has two separate distinct scents. It's as if he's two different people. I think.....I think that somehow Voldemort is inside him." (K)

"Why would you think that?" (D)

"Because Harry's scent is peppermint. It's soothing and calming. The other is, it smells dark and damp and like death. I've never smelled a scent so evil before." (K)

"Well my dear, once again you are proving what an asset you are to us. You are right I believe in a way. Though I cannot be sure yet. I will have to let you know when I am, but I believe that it is possible that Harry is a horcrux." (D)

"Voldemort put part of his soul into Harry?" (K)

"It is possible I presume, but I cannot be sure yet." (D)

I feel myself sit back down on the chair as I process what I was thinking about Harry before now. I had suspicions that somehow Harry and Voldemort were connected, but I didn't think that a living horcrux was a possibility. Making a horcrux is dark enough magic, but a living one, I've never heard of such a thing.

"We must not tell Harry. He must not know unless we're certain and then only when it's the right time."k (D)

I feel myself nod my head to what Dumbledore's saying, all while wondering what Harry will have to do in the upcoming years. He has a battle headed his way, and I'm sure that the rest of us will meet him for the war.

"There is more you should know I believe. Let us talk about Professor Snape, shall we?" (D)

End of Flashback

"She understands better than most the seriousness of remaining silent on this matter Severus." (D)

"I would hope she would, or it could mean the doom for us all." (S)

I watched as his black robes swirled in an almost angered, yet worried, way as he left the room. I'm reminded of how much he actually does have in his heart, but I'm also reminded of the pain that lingers there along with the hate. I pity him, though I would never tell him that. I don't have a death wish right this second.

I turned back to Dumbledore after seeing Snape's robes disappear out of the office. I give him a small smile and excuse myself for the night as well, stepping back into the fireplace and flooing back to Vik's place. I landed with a soft thud in Vik's living room where I spot him asleep on the cough, still asleep in his uniform with half an eaten sandwich on his chest.

I can only shake my head a bit as I look at him, brushing the soot off my robes once again before vanishing the soot from the carpet. I can't help but smile just a bit as I tidy up the living room, and put his boots by the door. What did he do without me living here I wonder. I put the sandwich back in the fridge before gently waking him up and walking up the stairs with him to go to bed.

"Vood meeting kitty?" (V)

"Yes, very good Vik. Goodnight now." (K)

"Vood, vood night kitty." (V)

I stifle a giggle at his face as he yawns before walking down the hall to his room. I walk into my room, changing, before I climb into the warm sheets. I laid in bed for an hour or two, but the seriousness of the job I have now finally hits me. Fred's letter about me visiting them rings in my ears and I can't help but feel the need to write George a letter in an attempt for closure if nothing else.

If I die, I want to do it knowing I had nothing else I could have said to him and I want to extend the opportunity for him to do the same for me. I climb out of bed and walk down the hall to my office before pouring out parts of my soul onto the parchment. I finish a few hours before dawn and I watch as Vulture, Vik's owl flies through the window.

"Vulture, I need you to take this to George Weasley in Diagon Alley in London. You don't need to wait for a reply letter. Ready?" (K)

Vulture holds his leg out to me and I secure the letter to it, watching as he flies out the window and heads to deliver the letter to George. Oh George how I've missed you. I feel tears run down my cheeks and soon I feel arms around as I breath in Vik's comforting scent of pine and fur.

"Come to ved kitty, you vust rest vor now. Things vill vork out in the end, you vill see." (V)

"Thanks vikki." (K)

"It is no provlem my vittle kitty." (V)

Before I can even try to stop him, he scoops me up into his arms and carries me back to my room. He lays me down on the bed and climbs in next to me, just as he did when we were younger and I had a bad dream. He begins stroking my hair, until like the niffler currently under my care, I too fall asleep.

My last thought being the same thought that is always running through my mind whether I'm awake or asleep. The thought directed to him, for him. The thought that states that I, Katherine Mary Harrison, miss you George Weasley. Do you miss me?