Chapter 3

Kat's POV:

We all take a seat as Dumbledore gets tea for everyone, and we all exchange hellos. Mrs. Weasley giving me a particularly tight hug before we sat next to each other. I can only wonder what Dumbledore has called us here for tonight. It's a rather odd bunch really. Also his hand, it's been burned or cursed somehow by the looks of it. I take a sniff of the air and I find myself frozen for a moment as I smell death mixed with Dumbledore's scent.

I look up only to catch myself looking into his eyes that are still twinkling. He nods his head the slightest bit before he sits back down at his desk. I know that he will be willingly to talk to me after the official meeting is over, and I suspect that he doesn't want anyone else to know about his....his future because he starts speaking as soon as he sits.

"I suspect that you are all wondering why I have called this meeting tonight. Or rather, why I have called you all specifically to this meeting instead of having the full Order attend. It has to do with, well Katherine dear it has to do with you to be very specific." (D)

"I didn't do it." (K)

I watch as most everyone in the room cracks a small grin at my speedy response, even Mad-Eye. Though it's not really my fault. Between my time with the twins when we did hang out together, and my time with Scar who manages to get into more trouble than it would seem possible, that response was the most accurate. It's the response I've used the most often with my parents and professors the last two years thanks to the twins and Scar.

"Hehe, my dear it's not what you have done. Perhaps, Severus you should explain the purpose of the meeting tonight." (D)

"If you think this is truly necessary." (S)

"Yes, I do." (D)

"Very well then." (S)

I watch as Snape stands and walks behind the desk to stand next to Dumbledore. He looks right at me, and I see the fleeting look of sadness in his black eyes, before they become cold and blank as they look at the rest of the group called here tonight. If Snape is explaining, it can only mean one thing. This meeting is all about Voldemort, and apparently me as well.

"The Dark Lord, after hearing of Harrison's actions in the ministry, has decided that he would like to acquire her." (S)

"Acquire me? As what?" (K)

"A Death Eater if he thinks you worthy, a pet if not, and as leverage in the least." (S)

"What on earth for precisely? What makes him think I'd make a good Death Eater?" (K)

"It has nothing to do with you making a good Death Eater to serve him. You represent to him the leverage he needs to get the United States Magical Government on his side, even if they do it only to secure your safety. It may have escaped your notice but you are the only child of the current Minister of Magic in the US, not to mention the niece of several other powerful positions." (S)

"Funnily enough, I'd noticed that a few times i just never considered it a reason for him to want me." (K)

"Having the chance to blackmail your ministry and even gain a foot hole in it so he may take over the American wizards as well is more than enough reaon." (S)

I sit frozen in my chair for a few moments as I consider the idea that Voldemort and Zeldalia could pair up with each other in my own country. Separate I believe that they can be taken down and defeated, but together. I shudder to think of the struggle that would exist in ridding the world of them both. Still though, this meeting has not shown why Mrs. Weasley is here right now.

"What else does he hope to gain from having me?" (K)

"The Dark Lord also sees this as an opportunity to claim one of the larger magical families to his side, the Weasleys. He hopes that by having you fight with him it will cause the majority of the Weasley family to either come to him or fall to him. The Dark Lord has decided that he wants you to fight with him, whether of your own free will or under the imperius curse he cares not. He just wants you." (S)

"I....I can fight the imperius curse. Does he know that?" (K)

"Not yet." (S)

I feel my heart rate raise a bit as I sit staring at Snape. I know that his answer tells me that soon he will have to tell Voldemort about my ability to resist the imperius curse. I put my head in my hands for a moment before I look up and make eye contact with Dumbledore, as he watches me over the rim of his glasses.

"What....what are my options then? I'm assuming you all have ideas if you're telling me about this now?" (K)

"The option to teach at Hogwarts remains open to you my dear." (D)

"No, not if he wants me. I know he fears you Professor but eventually he will grow brave enough to attack Hogwarts. Surely you know that?" (K)

"I do, I can only hope that day is far away from now." (D)

"There is another option." (S)

Though Snape hides it well I can hear the hesitation and anxiety in his voice as he speaks, and it only makes my nerves grow more. I look up at him as he seems to pale before remaining as stony featured as ever I saw him.

"What is it?" (K)

"Undercover job, not like Snape's though. You'd basically go into Knockturn Alley as often and as much as you could, letting the Order know what you hear if it's important or even sounds important." (Mad-Eye)

"A spy......I'm guessing disguised as well then so I'm not recognized." (K)

I hear a small noise that sounds like a strangled sigh next to me and I look at Mrs. Weasley. I see her watching me and I know that she can tell I've already decided to do it as she looks back at Dumbledore with a motherly look of concern and shock on her face.

"Dumbledore, surely you're not going to allow this? She's still a child!" (Mrs. W)

"I'm afraid she isn't a child by wizarding law Molly. It's up to Katherine to decide what she wants to do." (Remus)

As always, Remus with his cool head and calm voice seems to calm Mrs. Weasley down a bit. I stay quiet for a few moments considering all the risks this job creates for me. And also all the risks it prevents from going to another Order member if I take it. I stare at the carpet and begin to trace shapes with my eyes before I speak again.

"If I don't turn down the job, who's next in line to be asked?" (K)

"Either Mundungus, or one of the Mr. Weasleys since it would look least conspicuous if they spent a lot of time on Knockturn Ally, with their shop at the corner of it." (D)

"No I won't allow that!" (Mrs. W &K)

As soon as the words came from Dumbledore's mouth, my attention was no longer on the carpet but on him. I realize that both Mrs. Weasley and I yelled the same thing when it was suggested. I turn to look at Mrs. Weasley and realize that if one the twins takes the jobs it could mean her boggart fear comes true sooner rather than later. My own fear of losing him has already happened, but losing him forever, losing him to death isn't an option. I refuse to let that happen.

"I'll do it. Give me my instructions and who I'm to report back to and I will do it." (K)

"No! Katherine dear think of Fred and George-" (Mrs. W)

"I am Mrs. Weasley, which is why I'm doing it. I refuse to lose him to death after having lost him already." (K)

"Very well. Mad-Eye will meet you at your house a week from today to get you started. We will have a fake house for you to go to, not to reside in, just go to and leave from as your disguise in case your followed. Other than that, I believe that we should call it a night." (D)