Chapter 15

George's POV:

I watched as Verity danced with a man I've seen before, I just can't place him. She's a very skilled dancer it seems. Just like Kitty really, making sure his hands don't wander too much across her body. I was happy for her to be having such a good time when she's been looking kind of drained.....no not drained that was the word Kitty and I used to describe her on moon nights. Verity has just been looking tired that's all.

I was still watching Verity dance when I heard the song change into a slow song. Kitty's and my song, Magic Works. Why would they play that in a place like this? A song that represents a love like that, like ours, doesn't belong in a place like this. I grow angry at the DJ as I listen to the song that reminds me only of her.

Why is he playing this song? Why didn't I tell her how much I loved her before I left Hogwarts? Why haven't I written her yet? Why was I so stupid? Why did I let myself lose her?? I watch as Verity and the man dance and I'm only reminded more of the way that Kitty and I danced.

The way her eyes sparkled and matched her blue dress perfectly. The way her smile seemed to light up the whole room. The way we were told by McGonagall several times to stop snogging on the dance floor or we'd have detention. I feel tears come to my eyes as the song ends and I feel someone grab my shoulder. For one moment I'm hopeful that it's Kitty and this hope causes me to look up and see that it's not Kitty but Fred holding my shoulder.

"Ay mate, you alright?" (F)

"NO! I'm not! That was out song Fred, why would they play that here?!? That damn DJ, why the bloody hell would he would play that song! It was mine and Kitty's song!!" (G)

"Ay it's okay Georgie, let's just get yeh home." (F)

I feel arms underneath me as I let the tears fall, and the last thing I remember is my head hitting my pillow and hushed voices talking over me before I start dreaming of Kitty. The only problem is she's walking away from me and I'm letting her, over and over again.

Fred's POV:

I was worried when I saw George in tears, watching Kat, well Verity to him dance with a guy who I think is a Death Eater though I can't be sure. I walked over to him just to have him yell at me about the song being his and Kitty's. I remember when it was played during the Yule Ball, Angelina and I danced to it too. I glanced over at Kat whose grey eyes were wide and she nodded no along with the beat of the music, so I knew I had to get him out of there before something happened.

I motioned Lee over and we got him out of the club and upstairs to the loft, before we tried to lay him gently onto the bed. I watch as his eyes close and he starts mumbling in his sleep. The same thing over and over, 'I'm sorry Kitty, come back. I'm sorry.' I drop my head a bit knowing he'll be more upset than usual tomorrow morning. Lee and I walk quietly out of the room before shutting the door.

"I'm sorry Fred, I thought he was having a good time." (Lee)

"I think he was, until that song came on. It was their song you could say. It doesn't matter. I'll see yeh Monday morning, bright and early though." (F)

"You bet. Night Fred." (Lee)

"Night Lee, and Lee....thanks." (F)

"Eh, what are friends for?" (Lee)

We both smile at each other a bit before he apparates back home. I write a quick note to Angelina and have Mischief take it to her, apologizing for having to leave early tonight. She said she understood when I told her that I had to get George home, but I want to make sure she isn't angry at me. I watch Mischief fly off before I feel myself let out a heavy sigh as I sit down on the couch.

I have no doubt that Kat will drop by later tonight, and when she does she has some explaining to do. Mainly why her job for the Order includes her dancing with Death Eaters, literally. I feel my eyes start to close as I drift into what I hope will be a light sleep, waiting to hear Kat apparate into out flat.

Author's Note:
    Hello beautiful people! I hope everyone is having a wonderful start of the weekend. I've been very productive as you can see by the many chapters that have been posted. I want to say sorry that this one is on the short side, but I didn't have a good place to divide this part of the story without part of it being short vs. way too long. So sorry about that loves.    
   Also, I start a new term in a few days which means that the chapters may take a bit longer to get posted. Sorry about that as well. However, I want to say a giant thank you for all the support for this series and this book in particular. Logging on and seeing new notifications every time is simply a blessing and a joy to my heart. Thanks dears.
               All my love,

                                -Jane