Chapter 39

Kat's POV:

"I want to stay here George, but I want you to keep the joke shop open with Fred. For as long as y'all can." (K)

"But Kitty-" (G)

"No buts George. I want you to keep your dream, just as much as you want me to reach mine, but we can't do that until this whole mess blows over and you know that. I'm safe here. I belong here, but you don't. Not right now anyway." (K)

I watch as he starts to argue but I know already that he doesn't have a good point to argue with. I'm right this time, and he knows it. I watch as the sadness that is surely in my eyes matches his as he walks closer to me. Over the past few weeks I've gotten much better, with my speech returning to normal for the most part. I only flinch away when I can't properly prepare myself, and George and I are just as close as ever.

Everything was going fine, until about twenty minutes ago when George said he was going to be staying here with me, leaving Fred and Lee to take care of the shop alone. I know that I'm needed here, by the trio, by Dumbledore, even by Snape. George isn't needed here right now, but at the shop to spend more time with Fred, spreading as much laughter as they can while they can.

"Why does it seem that one of us always has to walk away from the other?" (G)

"We're friends with Harry Potter, the boy who lived, and I'm a half-vamp. I would have thought you knew already that being friends with him and dating me basically means that life will never be dull, or necessarily happy all the time." (K)

I watch as a small smile forms on his lips as he looks at me, before he places his hand on my cheek. I press it closer to face with my hand as I stare at him. I'll miss him, just as I've always missed him but there's nothing to be done about it now I'm afraid. I lean up to meet him half -way for one more kiss until I see him again. Houdini's wand I do love this man.

************Ron's B-Day (March 1st)**********************

These past few days without George have been lonely. We've written each other every day, but we still miss being with each other. I've been acting as a teacher's assistant to whoever needed me, though I spend most of my time with Hagrid and the threstrals. George and I had made plans to see each other in Hogsmeade today, after him and Fred gave Ron his birthday gift. That was until Ron was brought into the hospital wing by Harry and Professor Slughorn.

I was visiting with Madame Pomfrey, getting blood for tonight's half-moon and the last potion dose, when he was brought in. I had Moonlight with me and have never been more thankful for that brilliant cat. I wrote a quick note to the boys telling them what happened, before I sent her to find them in Hogsmeade. It wasn't twenty minutes later that they both came rushing into the castle only to be stopped by Madame Pomfrey at the door of the hospital wing.

They tried arguing but they weren't allowed in, so we all ended up waiting outside with the remaining members of the trio and Ginny. Eventually I heard their stomachs growling, and they suggested popping down into the kitchens for some food.

I followed them down to the kitchens to get a bite to eat, leaning heavily on George as we sat at the little table the house elves made for us. I may not be needing anymore potions but I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't get some more blood as crummy as I feel. Though I'm sure that Ron has me beat right now that's for sure.

"What happened?" (F)

"Poisoned apparently, Harry knows more than I do." (K)

"What about you love? You ok?" (G)

"Just a bit tired I suppose. Half-moon." (K)

"I know. I was wondering if you would like to spend the night with me tonight?" (G)