Chapter 25

George's POV:

I dreamed of Kitty most of the night, but unlike the usual dreams these dreams were nightmares, each one ending with Kitty being taken away from me by Death Eaters. I sit up on my bed, wide awake, as I look at Fred on his bed across the room with Bill snoring inbetween us on the floor. I rub my hand over my face some as I relax and look at the clock to check the time, and it's then that I get nervous. Kitty was due back a few hours ago.

Fred told me she would drop by around 3 when the party was over at Death's Pub. I know she wouldn't have just gone home, she knows we both worry about her too much to do that. I feel panic rise in my chest as I picture what could have happened to her. I chuck a shoe at Fred and he sits up with a start before I drag him out of bed and downstairs into the living room.

"What the bloody hell George, it's six in the morning." (F)

"Kitty was due back hours ago. I need you to use that coin of yours and contact her. Now!" (G)

"You mean she didn't get back here yet? Merlin's beard...."(F)

"Yes, Merlin's beard. Now find that bloody coin or I'll whoop your arse you stupid git!" (G)

"No need for name calling. Accio coin." (F)

I watch as small coin that's flashing red and yellow zooms down the staircase and into Fred's open hand. I go to take it out of his hand but as he looks at it he rushes into the kitchen and gets a quill and some parchment. I follow and watch as he starts writing down numbers with spaces inbetween them, watching the coin intently.

"Oh bloody hell. MUM, DAD, REMUS!!!!" (F)

"What is it?" (G)

I watch as Fred keeps writing down the numbers as mum, dad, and Remus all rush into the room just as the coin stops flashing. He looks at the numbers written on the parchment before translating them to a series of letters, before looking up at us with a deathly look on his face.

"Kat and I created this tattoo coin system so we could keep in contact with each other without being obvious about it. She taps it and the coin lights up as many times as she taps it. Then you translate the taps into letters or words. I can do the opposite with the coin, and her tattoo changes colors." (F)

"Get to the point Fred or I swear I'll-" (G)

"Kat's in some house with you-know-who and Bellatrix. They....they got her. She......her message it said goodbye and that she loves us all. And that she's sorry and she'll miss George." (F)

I feel my feet fall out from under me and I land on the floor with mum kneeling next to me. I see her mouth moving and tears coming from her eyes but I can't hear her. I look up and see Fred tapping the coin while Dad and Remus talk to him. They have Kitty and we have no idea where. I just got her back and now I may lose her forever.

The last words I said to her weren't what I was feeling or how I felt about her. No, all I said to her was that I would see her later or, I'd 'see Verity later I suppose.' We have to get her back, we have to get my Kitty back.

Kat's POV:

I was back in my cell, vamped out and bleeding from some of the blows Bellatrix had given me today. She favors crucio and her knife as her main forms of torture, and my muscles are all attempting to recover from the words right now with aches and pains included. But I've been through worse. Can't really think of anything right now, but I will later I suppose. I watch as my tattoo starts changing colors and I focus on the message that Fred's sending me.

" where? g luv u. fight bac. We find u."

I smile a bit at his foolish optimism. I'm in the Malfoy's manor from the smell of things in the upstairs, and there is no way they'll get in here without a ministry order, and by the time that happens they'll have killed me or moved me. I send a message back saying I didn't know where, a cell, that I loved everyone and that I will fight until I can't. I feel my eyes grow heavy as I lay on the hard ground and I can't tell if I'm falling asleep or passing out. And right now, I don't really care because it means that the pain will go away for a while. I love you too George, I'll miss you.