Chapter 31

Fred's POV:

Scar stayed until it was time for Donovan to get off work. Mum left with her, telling us to send her word through the floo network as soon as there was any change. I told her we would but George just kept staring at Kat, almost as if he didn't hear mum at all. Madame Pomfrey's been reviving her every hour, giving her another potion and more blood, before she goes back to sleep or passes out I suppose. The shaking isn't happening as often as it was earlier today, but every once and a while she still shakes.

I'm surprised by the sudden movement of George as he stands and rushes to Madame Pomfrey's office. I stay by Kat and look her over to make sure he didn't see something happening to her that I didn't, but she looks the same really. She isn't shaking right now, but her breathing is still more of a gasp than an actual breath. I sit on the side of the bed and gently take her right hand into mine and hold it. I still think she'll be my future sister-in-law one day, but right now the chance of losing her is worrying me.

George's POV:

I was thankful for mum, Fred, and Scar's concern for Kat and myself I suppose. I just haven't been able to focus on them very much. Between getting Madame Pomfrey whenever she starts shaking, and the blood and potion every hour, my mind has little else to concentrate on. Mum and Scar left an hour or two ago, after making sure I ate some food. I'm not sure what I ate or even what it tasted like, but she was satisfied that I ate.

I was staring at Kitty again, picturing her blue eyes opening and looking at me with that wonderful smile of hers when a thought was born. We've been giving her potions meant to help heal vampires, strictly speaking, but we've been giving her animal blood.

I remember she told me once that while vampires can live off animals, it leaves them weaker because their bodies want human. She's even admitted to me that she prefers human after having tasted mine that one time, though she said she would rather survive off animal than be seen as a monster. Though I would never see her as a monster, even if her body does crave human blood.

She.....craves human blood more than animal and said it makes her feel stronger. So maybe......maybe her body can't heal properly because she's not getting the right kind of blood. She doesn't need animal, she needs human. Human blood. I'm on my feet and rushing into Madame Pomfrey's office before I even realize I was moving.

"George, what's happened?!?" (M.P.)

"Human blood. Kat needs human blood to respond quicker, not animal blood." (G)

"Well that may be, but we don't have a steady supply of human blood George." (M.P.)

"Mine, use mine. She's had it before." (G)

"Mr. Weasley do you know what you're recommending? I for one know how she feels about drinking human, do you?" (M.P.)

"I do, trust me I do, and if she wakes up angry you can tell her I made you. But please, please let us try this." (G)

"Hmmm, well I must admit that we have very little to lose by trying it. But if there isn't an obvious change after a few doses then we keep using animal blood." (M.P.)

"Alright." (G)

She points to a chair and has me sit down and roll up my sleeve on my left arm. She casts a charm before making a small incision in the bend of my elbow. I watch as she fills a glass with my blood, and then a second one for later. She heals the incision in a wink and as I roll the sleeve back down and I stand, I get a little lightheaded on my feet.

"Drink this, it'll help." (M.P.)

I take the small potion from her before I walk out of the office with Madam Pomfrey behind me, with a glass of me. She revives Kat and I see her silver eyes change to my brown for a moment as she drinks the blood a bit faster than she usually does before passing out again. I see Madame Pomfrey check her vitals before giving me a small nod and disappearing back into her office. I can only hope that this works because I'm afraid that she doesn't have any more ideas after this, and neither do I am afraid.

Fred's POV:

I hear George's steps come back out of the office, followed by Madame Pomfrey with another glass of blood. I look at George and see that he's looking a bit paler than he has been. He sits across from me and helps Kat sit up as Pomfrey revives her again. She drinks the blood a bit faster than she has been but still passes out after just as quickly as she has been. I watch as Pomfrey seems to nod her head at George, almost in agreement I suppose.

I watch as George lays Kat back down on the pillows as gently as he can before slowing laying next to her. He starts brushing her hair and running his fingers through it and I feel as if I'm intruding on a more intimate moment between them, even though Kat isn't conscious for it. Still though George's color is worrying me a bit.

"George mate, you alright? Gone a bit pale." (F)

"I'm fine Fred, just a bit tired. You can head back home for the night. I'm going to stay here with Kitty." (G)

"Suppose so. I'll be back tomorrow then."( F)

I watch as he just nods at me, sparing me a short glance before he returns his gaze to Kat. I nod a bit before taking up my coat and walking up to Dumbledore's office to go back home to the Burrow. I need to check in on Lee tomorrow and make sure he's doing alright with the store. I also need to see if Scar or maybe Viktor has any other ideas to help Kat heal, though owling Krum may only get me or George an arse kicking. I would Owl her family, but something tells me that if I did that, then Kat would kill me. Literally kill me as long as she's able.