Chapter six

Adriana's POV

My teeth chattered as I stood in the cold winter snow. It was December where all the joys of excitement gathered and all families got together to celebrate Christmas which is just around the corner. But for me, it was nothing. Nothing but a miserable day to endure.

Every year, Christmas was nothing to me. Christmas was nothing but to spend the whole day with Antonio. One second he was raging in fuming anger and the next... the next he'll be this loving.. and caring man that I thought I was capable of falling in love with after Dante. But I was wrong.

This year.

This year was different, well it was going to be different. It was going to change my life forever... in an awful way.

On the 25th December of this year, I, Adriana Marino marry Antonio Luciano.

My heart ached as I shut my eyes and shivered in the cold, tears falling out of my eyes as I remembered Destefano had set an exact date of this wedding. My heart broke into millions of pieces when I came to think of it; I was actually going to get married to the man I hate and I had no choice. I was marrying a monster, a monster was going to claim my life.

There was a week left until the wedding and right now I was with Antonio in one of the stores searching for a wedding dress. As I recalled this morning that Antonio was going to take me shopping, I have been so uninterested about it. Though at the time he informed that he was taking me shopping, I was beyond excited but now, I was really sad. I was devastated because I was doing something I was not okay with.

I can't do this.

The only thing that's really getting me through with today is the fact that I was actually allowed to leave the mansion when usually, I was not. Antonio was very illiberal and will no way entertain the idea of giving me a time to myself out of the mansion because all that matters to him is control and power. Something Destefano had an influence on him. I really did not see a point in shopping for a wedding dress today because I had no interest at all. I couldn't get it out of my head that I was getting married to him in exactly a week. Someone I've spent hating and trying to stay away from for the past five years is finally getting married to me and there was nothing that I could do to stop it.

Despite all this, I knew very well that there was something terribly wrong with Antonio because I remember the night he revealed to me that he killed his family with his own hands. I freaked out that exact night because Antonio begged for forgiveness to me and wouldn't let me go until I forgave him. It was the most terrifying night of all times. He killed his family but apologies to me like his life depended on me.

"Detka, do you not like this store?"

I was startled by the voice that reached my ears that I quickly turned around and widened my eyes because Antonio was right behind me. I began to feel panic just flood inside of me because the thought of getting beaten up again really petrified me. I was able to keep up a streak of avoiding Antonio's anger. It's been exactly two days since the last time he lashed his anger out on me and I would like to keep it like this if we were getting married.

I wrap my arms around my body and feel the warmth of my coat just give me enough comfort.

"Y-Yeah... no... I love it." I said,

"Then why are you outside?" Irritation was evident in his voice as he glared at me and my heart palpitated.

"Antonio," I unwrap my arms from my body and hold his hands as I was trembling, "I came out to get fresh air."