Chapter nine

Adriana's POV

I look up to see the most beautiful smile I have ever seen in my entire life. The echoes of our voices spread through the field as we sat on the grass right by each other. I closed my eyes when he kissed me like I was his and my heart fluttered crazily in my chest.

I know I was in love. So much love.

"I love you Adriana."

My lips stopped moving against his as I registered his exact words into my brain. I've never heard them leave his mouth before and to hear it now really caught me off guard.

I pull away from him and stare right at him as I lick my lips.

"What?" I whisper,

Dante let go off my hand and sat back before he sighed.

"It's true, I love you Adriana. I love you like how I have never loved anyone in my life before."

I furrow my brows as my finger grazes his lips, as they touch his lips he turns his gaze back at me and watches ms with a tender look. I slightly shake my head and bite my lips.

"Dante, that's not true. You have loved this much before in your life, you're just... overwhelmed." I say as I peck his lips,

"No Adriana, I'm speaking the truth. I feel like I have a different connection with you and its a connection I actually can't live without. The thought of being away from you intimidates me because I don't want to face the idea of being alone. I want to wake up everyday to you, to hold you and kiss you and tell you how much I love you for the rest of my life."

My lips were firmly sealed as I watch this man tell me something I've never known but honestly, it was the most sweetest thing I have ever heard. My heart flutter as I feel my lips just frowning because I knew I was going to cry but it was all happy tears. I watch him for a couple more seconds before I wrap my arms around him, when I did he fell backwards so now I was lying on his chest while my arms were still locked around his neck.

"Oh my god... Dante.." I stuttered, "I-I love you too!" He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me and planted a kiss on my head. I snuggle deep next to his chest and close my eyes. I can be here all day. "That's the most kindest thing you have ever said to me."

"Of course because I do truly love you."

I smile widely against his chest and hum as I close my eyes and begin to picture a future that I imagine to have with Dante. It's going to be perfect, it will always be perfect.

"Everyday that goes by, is like a dream." I murmured as my face was buried in his chest.

"Yeah... a dream come true...." He replied, "For a short time."

My smile faded and my brows furrowed, "Which is why you have to wake up now."

My brows furrow against his chest as I begin to realise what he was talking about. I feel the drop in my stomach when I sit up from his chest.

"Wh... what?"

"Wake up, it's time for you to wake up...to the real world." He answered with a tender smile.

"What? What real world? N-n... no, no."

"Wake up."