Chapter fifty two

Dante's POV

"I may have been the one to create them but you my son, were the one to make her sign it."

As soon as Constantino spoke, I lost it.

I thought I would do worse, probably thrash everything in this room but when Constantino stated the facts, I suddenly felt powerless, defeated... numb. I was so full of rage that I had no idea how to react. Whatever he was stating was all true and because it was, my heart sank when Adriana appeared in my head.

What have I done?

I glare at Constantino who seemed to be amused by all of this and so before I lost control over my fists, I just turned around and walked out of his room.

I really did not want to break his fucking nose, or face for a matter of fact.

I stormed towards my room only to be greeted with Adriana who was already tucked in bed. Once I walk further into the room, I close the door and walk towards the bed as quietly as I can because I realised how Adriana was already sleeping.

She was sleeping soundly, tucked under the duvet as her hair was spread across the pillow. A dull ache formed in my chest as I watch her back while I contemplate my actions. I approach the bed despite not even ready and just tuck in next to her, suddenly feeling the connection I wanted to feel. I take her hair in my hands and roll it between my fingers and a wave of her scent ran past my nose.

"You deserve much more Gattina, you're way too good for me. I don't deserve you."

The fact that there was no turning back, hurt like hell. My eyes tear up after a long time as I watch the back of her head. Seriously, Adriana got this side out of me, a side that I never dared to see. One thing I've learned for sure is that Adriana is my weakness.

I regret what I did and now, I had to tell her but the only problem was that what type of way was there to tell Adriana this? I can already imagine her distraught face as she learns of this; will she stop loving me?

"That's not true."

My heart stopped beating for a second when my thoughts were cut off by a small whisper. I let go of her hair and glance up to stare at her, a few seconds later Adriana turned around and faced me.

"That's not true Dante," She said and placed her hand on my cheek, "you are everything I need. I deserve you, you deserve me."

If only she knew, she definitely would not be saying this.

I close my eyes shut, unable to see that type of innocence anymore; every time I saw her face, my guilt was growing. I suddenly felt like a monster for doing what I did and I hated every single bit of it.

My hand travels to her hand, towards my face before I found myself breaking down right next to Adriana. I have never done this in my entire life but since Adriana had returned, I've been doing this quite a few times now and it made me feel like a little bítch. However, I couldn't control it. If anything happens to Adriana, I'm finished.

"Hey... Hey... Dante," she called out before she pulled herself closer to me. I tried to keep my tears at bay but when I felt her sensitive skin on my face, my tears just ran down my face continuously. "Talk to me Dante, you can talk to me. That's how it works doesn't it; you talk to me so we both can figure this out?"

"Adriana, I'm sorry." I whispered as I take her hand and kissed it, "you and this baby deserve much more. I don't deserve any of you, I've... fùcked up."

Adriana didn't respond to me but just pulled me closer to her, causing me to lean my head on her chest. My heart felt content, it was full with love and everything I needed right now. As I settle onto her chest, I begin to feel drowsy as it's been quite some time we've been laying in one position. I wrap an arm around Adriana's stomach and feel so much better.