Chapter fifty one

Adriana's POV

When Dante has his doubts... he has his doubts.

After learning of Mia's revelation back at the hospital in Italy, Dante has not stopped once. In fact, not only was it Dante but the rest of the boys were working so hard to find the root to all of the problems. Dante was working so hard that he had been MIA for a whole day yesterday.

It's been a few months since we returned back from Italy and if I said that it has been going smoothly, I would be lying. Last month has been so rough for me, I really did not think I would be able to make it. As far as my pregnancy, everything was fine... for now at least.

I was nineteen weeks and six days pregnant. There is not once a time where I wonder if this baby would make it or not. It's on my mind and had been on my mind ever since the day Dante revealed to me that it might not make it. That night, I was numb and couldn't feel anything until Dante put me to sleep.

The fact that I have come this far already really does make me happy. If I've made it this far, I would have my baby in my arms in no time. Hopefully.

I visit my midwife regularly for precaution, she claims that my pregnancy is going good so far. When she informed me that, she also said that I was able to find out the gender of the baby the next time I see her. To be honest, I just felt overwhelmed hearing all this. I was still getting my head around the fact that Dante and I were having a baby.

My attention settled on the door when a scuffle was heard coming from the other side. After a few moments, Dante enters the room and immediately, my heart fills with content knowing that he is safe and here with me.

He throws his keys down on the table before he strips his clothes off when he saw me. As I stand in front of the mirror, I feel Dante's presence behind me. When I look up at my reflection, he was behind me already as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Ciao Gattina." He murmurs. His deep voice vibrated through my ears, causing my heart to palpitate.

"Hello." I reply and watch his tired face through our reflection. Dante smiled at me before he settles his eyes on my stomach that was no longer flat. As I was half way through the pregnancy, my stomach was protruding a little.

Dante did not say a word before his arm curled around my waist until his hands settled on my stomach. My heart stilts for a moment as I watch Dante's hand just caressing my stomach; the feeling was unknown.

"What?" He stops caressing my stomach once he noticed my face, "Does that feel uncomfortable?"

"No... it's not that," I gulp before my gaze returns to his face through the reflection, "I...I never touched my stomach..."

"Why Adriana?" He frowns,

"I don't know Dante. I feel as though it's a delicate thing; if I touch it I might be touching it for the last time."

Dante pulled away before he turned me around and embraced me in a firm grip. I wrap my arms around his waist and hold him tight against me as I inhale his cologne into my lungs. I knew that the way how I loved his cologne was so unhealthy but it didn't matter to me, I loved him. All of him.

"Gattina," Dante sighed as he began to stoke my head, "that's not true and you know that. Will you touch your stomach with me?"

A small smile spread across my lips as the sound of the idea was actually good. I loved that Dante was so thoughtful, it was one of the many reason why I loved him.

"Okay."

I turn around so I could see myself in my reflection again and feel Dante return to lean his chin on my shoulders. He takes my hand and then places it on my small bump before his own hand rests on top of mine. My heart quivered for a moment as I watch myself touching my stomach; it was truly something I have not yet done in my pregnancy.