Chapter thirty three

Adriana's POV

I flick through the pages of the book as I scan my eyes over every word. Ever since I have recovered from the coma, there wasn't much for me to do really except for exploring the garden that this estate has. Honestly, ever time I visit it, I fall in love with it all over again. If I had a choice, I would live in it.

Just by thinking about the garden spread a small smile across my lips and I hadn't realised it was there until I brought back to reality. I was dreaming about being in that garden that much that I didn't realise how there was also a presence at the door.

My head shot up from the feeling of another presence and just like how I'd known, Dante stood at the door with a clam demeanour.

"Adriana.." He calls out softly,

I get up from my seat and feel my stomach just turn by the sight of him; he never failed to show his true beauty. It's been a few days since the incident and ever since then, my mind was constantly on Dante. In the days of not getting anything from him, I spent it trying to get a hold of him but to no avail. I gulped as I approach him; the closer I got the more bruises and lacerations I spotted on his face. Once I reached him, my arms involuntary wrapped around his torso while my face just falls on his chest. He exhaled out deeply as he realised what I was doing before he wrapped his arms around me.

I closed my eyes against his chest, listening to the steady heartbeats that were on the other side. A small content smile fills my lips as I dreamt about being here ever since the day I had lost him. I missed it so much. While we embraced each other in silence, Dante placed his chin on my head and sighed.

"Adriana, are you not mad at me?" He murmurs. I could feel his chin just move on my head as he speaks. A smile just breaks out of my lips as I couldn't contain it.

"For?" I asked as I close my eyes once again, listening to his heartbeat.

"For shouting at you."

"No," I shake my head against his chest which had caused him to pull his chin away, "I'm not mad at you at all, in fact I'm actually sorry. I shouldn't have ask you questions like that, I had no right."

Dante pulled away from me causing me to slowly detach myself from him. A small frown reached my lips at the loss of contact but it was soon covered with a smile when Dante took my face in his hands and looked at me, his eyes bore into mine as were filled with emotions that I have not seen yet.

"I'm sorry Adriana for taking my anger out on you. Yes, I was mad but it wasn't because of you."

"Why? What happened?" I found myself asking. What the heck! I just said I wouldn't get involved!

Dante inhaled a sharp breath before he leaned in to peck my lips, I found myself responding to it immediately as I kissed him back quickly processing to what just happened. He pulled away and then wrapped his arms around me.

"It's not important Adriana," He dismissed it immediately which caused me to frown. He was pushing me away yet again and I hated that. "why don't we go to the garden?" My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I watched him with disbelief. "What?" His eyes filled with worry as he noticed my sudden change of behaviour.

"Who are you and what have you done to Dante?" I ask incredulously,

"Oh come on Adriana, stop it." He chuckled before he took my hand in his, "We're going to the garden because I want to see what's so fascinating about it. Is that a problem?"

I shook my head slowly at him still in disbelief of what I was witnessing; Dante wants to explore the garden with me? He wanted to come on this garden walk with me? What? He would be the last person I thought would come with me... wow..