Chapter forty seven

Song - Moonlight by Ariana Grande 😍

Adriana's POV

Since Italy was a total disaster, we remained in our hotel room as it was the safer option. Dante instructed that we all stay back in our rooms in case if anyone of us was targeted. He also packed us with hundreds of security so right now, there was about a couple of his men standing out of the hotel room. Mia was also guarded with security back at the hospital in case Luca made the efforts to visit her.

Speaking of Dante, I haven't seen that man since this morning. Abruptly, he and Tony left because something came up which none of them would inform me about. Right now, I was in my room while Fabio joined me as we were about to eat. Fabio did not go along with them as he is still recovering.

"Fiore, are you alright?"

I snapped out of my daze and glanced at Fabio who watched me cautiously, like as if he was scared that I might do something. He froze in his seat as he pulled out a burger from one of the takeaway bags.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I smile before I chew on a fry, immediately feeling like as if it's going to reach up my throat and out my mouth.

"Are you sure? You're so pale." He dropped the burger down and reached for my head. I blink a couple of times as he felt the temperature before he stood up and grabbed a bottle of water for me. "Here, take this."

"Fabio," I chuckled as I chugged the water bottle; gosh I had no idea I was so thirsty. "I'm fine seriously, I'm just a little tired that's all."

Fabio watched me for a moment, not entirely convinced before he nodded his head and then returned back to his seat to the food.

"If you say so Fiore." He sighed before he chomped onto his burger, "All this food will not be eaten by only me so I suggest you eat up."

"Oh God no..." I begin to retch as I eye the greasy food on the table, "Fabio, I don't think I can."

Takeaways were nearly a regular thing for me to have because back at the estate, when there wasn't anything we would prefer to eat, Mia would order food and I would happily have some but today, the food was utterly disgusting to the point where I couldn't handle the smell of it.

Italy was to blame for; God their fast food was a nothing like America's.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged before he continued to murder his burger and I couldn't help but retch even more. The more I did it, the more my stomach hurt.

"Can I ask you something Fabio?" I interrupted the hulk. Fabio stopped midway before he glared at me; it was like as if he was going to murder me for interrupting him.

"Depends," he muttered before he returned his focus back on his burger. He continued to chew on it while I did not say a word, when I didn't he glanced at me and then sighed. "What is it Adriana?"

"What happened between Dante and his father?"

Fabio stopped doing whatever he was doing and froze on his seat. I shuffled in my seat and gulped as I witnessed the sudden change in his demeanour, hoping to get an answer from him because Dante wasn't so keen to speak about the matter when I asked him.

"Adriana, you better speak to Dante about this."

"I have... but he doesn't want to speak about it." I piped before I frown at him, "Please Fabio.."

Fabio dropped his burger down before he grabbed a napkin and wiped himself with it.

"Dante has a very... tumultuous relationship with Constantino because of the past. When Constantino got into business with your father, it all went downhill from there because he forgot all boundaries that were set out for him." Fabio began and by the looks of it now, it seemed as though that Dante wasn't the only one it's the tumultuous relationship with his father, it was also Fabio. "Constantino became very selfish and..."